Wednesday 12 August 2015

Top Five Wednesday: Books I've Read This Year

Hello!

So, welcome to my first Top Five Wednesday (I think, it would be embarrassing if it's not...). I'm just going to be telling you my favourite books that I have read this year in no particular order, and believe me, it was hard to pick out just five. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

One. 

"A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness. 
This might even be the number one favourite book of the entire year. It was emotional, beautiful writing style, beautiful message. It was gorgeous. The only thing I didn't like was the book cover, I think I prefer the other one. 

Two. 

"Over you" by Lucy Diamond. 
This was the first romance novel I have read that was written for adults, and I think that had a huge influence on my feelings towards it. But, Lucy Diamond's writing style has a way of sucking you in. The plot is okay, the characters are amazing. I really like this book. 

Three. 

"The Miniaturist" by Jessie Burton. 
It's been a while since I've read it and I didn't like it at first. It was a lot of stuff thrown in that I didn't quite understand, like why the characters and the setting was more modern for a book written in the 1800's, and it also wasn't what I expected it to be, I expected a lot more focus on the miniaturist and not the events in the house but the events in the house is what the story is about. Because I was so focused on knowing the story on the miniaturist, the ending was a massive let down and a plot-twist rolled into one. Now that I've had time to think about it, it sticks out in my head and I'm probably going to re-read in sometime in the future. I liked it a lot.

Four. 

"The Twins" by Saskia Sarginson. 
This book was slow at parts but overall, I really loved it. It was dark, it had some romance elements that didn't overtake the entire thing, it was very enchanted and "hippy" throughout the novel - not to say that it didn't have flaws, it was quite flawed, but still a wonderful read that is sticking to me and I can't wait till I find Saska's other work. 

Five.

"Carrie" by Stephen King. 
Throughout my childhood and even now, my nickname is often "Carrie" and I absolutely adored all three movies before I even knew it was a book. I expected the book to disappoint me, but it didn't. It was slow, and wasn't his best work, but overall I was pretty pleased with it. 

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this! What are your favourite books so far this year? 

- Loz x

No comments:

Post a Comment