Monday 17 August 2015

Monday Missions #10

Hey guys! So, I know I haven't made one of these in a while, I've been in a bit of a reading slump. I'm still not entirely sure what I'm going to be reading next, but I can give you an idea of the kind of things I want to try to read next (well, I mean, as much as I can!). 

I'm currently reading a book my boyfriend Austin got me for my birthday (because he wants me to get into Stars Wars - and it's working) called "Darth Bane; Path of Destruction" by Drew Karpyshyn, the first book in a trilogy. I don't really know what it's about, still, so here's what's on the blurb: 

On the run from vengeful Republic forces, Dessel, a cortosis miner, vanishes into the ranks of the Sith army and ships out to join the bloody war against the Republic and its Jedi companions. There, Dessel's brutality, cunning and exceptional command of the Force swiftly win him renown as a warrior. But in the eyes of his watchful masters, a far greater destiny awaits him. 

As an acolyte in the Sith academy, studying the secrets and the skills of the dark side. Dessel embraces his new identity: Bane. But the true test is yet to come. In order to gain acceptance into the Brotherhood of Darkness, he must defy the most sacred traditions and reject all he has been taught. It is a trial by fire in which he must surrender fully to the dark side - and forge from the ashes a new era of absolute power. 

It's the story from the perspective of Darth Bane, a 'bad guy' who joins the Dark Side. This is my first little peak into the Star Wars realm and so far, I'm really really enjoying it and I'm kind of sad I never experienced the awesome that is Star Wars throughout my childhood, although I did at least get to experience Star Trek.

Other books I am thinking of trying to get through this week include "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" for my Harry Potter Read-A-Thon (which I haven't been dedicating a large amount of time to, I should work on that) and a random book from my TBR pile. My reading-slump may be over, but only just, and I feel like I can topple back into it at any moment  so I'm taking slow (also, my recent addiction to Pretty Little Liars doesn't help - okay, sorry, I tried to resist, I really did!).

what are you reading this week? I heard it was the month of Stephen King, are you wanting to get through that? Let me know!

See you next time, Loz x 

No comments:

Post a Comment