Wednesday 5 August 2015

Harry Potter Marathon Day #1

I'm currently on page 50 (might even be more shortly after this is published) of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, if you decided to join me, how are you getting along?

Anyway, this particular part cracked me up (same as it did the first time I read it):

There was a horrible smell in the kitchen the next morning when Harry went in for breakfast. It seemed to be coming from a large metal tub in the sink. He went to have a look. The tub was what looked like dirty rags swimming in grey water. 

"What's this?" he asked Aunt Petunia. Her lips tightened as they always did if he dared ask her a question. 

"Your new school uniform" she said 

Harry looked in the bowl again. 

"Oh" he said "I didn't realise it had to be so wet"

People who only know Movie-Harry will never know the sheer joy of Book-Harry (even if their actions in the book were somewhat even dumber). 
I also really love the cover, it's beautiful, I wish I could look at it all day and it's actually making me read slower. I'm reading this book alongside My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.

Thank you for reading, I'd love to know how you're getting along.

- Loz x

No comments:

Post a Comment