Sunday 9 August 2015

What I Did For My 19th Birthday! - Milford Perk American Diner

(warning: this is going to be quite picture heavy)

Hey! So, you might know or you might not know - depending on whether this or my birthday haul will be published first - that my birthday was on the 8th August. I woke up around midday, received books from my mum and sister (as well as this laptop, which I got early in mid-late July) and a very adorable sugar skull cake. Then, late in the evening, me along with my mother, my mother's close friend and her 16-year-old daughter; my seventeen-year-old sister and her equally aged two best friends, and then my little half-brother who is five. all went to the Milford Park American Diner in Milford Haven (Pembrokeshire, Wales) for dinner. It was a wonderful experience, I can't not share it here. Also, for my mothers' birthday, we're going to go to Carmarthen (also in Pembrokeshire) sometime next week or the week afterwards. Expect to see birthday haul part two whenever that happens! 

(bought from Tesco!)
My mother hand-decorates cakes and unfortunately she just didn't have time to do one this year, but she has done for previous years (I'm going to have you show you them sometime!). This is a sugar skill taken from Mexican culture, it's one of my favourite cakes I've had over the years. The icing tastes great, too, and I usually don't like icing!

My sister, Catherine. Goofy. 


I took a picture of it as soon I saw it. If there wasn't so many of us and we hadn't reserved a table for us beforehand, I would have just gotten one of their oh-so-many milkshakes and drank it on one of the outside tables. However, I know a lot of people who don't like me in Milford Haven. It's awkward enough when you bump into someone you mutually like, never-mind someone you mutually don't! Because I took it so quickly, you get an exclusive photo of a finger!






It has only just occurred to me that I never actually took a picture of the table we were sat on, or the people I was with (apart from my sister Catherine...real weird calling her by her name, Catherine sounds so formal for someone like...uh...well), I was a lot more focused on taking pictures of everything else - even though I missed some things out. There was also a play area for my little brother to go and play in which he enjoyed quite a lot, it's only small but it works well enough. There was also a lot of posters and vintage clocks on the wall and bumper car ornament type of things that hung on the wall and these American statues and the waitresses wore cute little red dresses, it was adorable and really fun, I think it made being there that little bit more enjoyable.

Gosh, I saw a friend post about this all the time as he was always there with his girlfriend before they broke up and her best friend, who later became his best friend (again before they broke up...I know, drama!) and I was dreading seeing him there, but I guess he stopped going! Be a bit weird if he saw this, he probably thought it was just plain alright! But I just have a thing for American diners, I really love them.

The fact I have been binge watching Bob's Burgers lately back-to-back has got nothing to do with it. 





Ever seen that show "Man VS Food"? This is what i think that was based from. This is challenges that people who come in can go and do, and there's different walls like the "Wall of Excuses", the first wall I saw when I walked through the entrance but because it was at the very entrance, I would have felt awkward taking a picture there if I'm quite honest. Oops, maybe next time, but it was really cool. 
Let me tell you, it was really hard to decide what kind of meal I wanted. There was ribs and chicken, cheese and BBQ melts and a lot of burgers, although I'm not keen on hot dogs. I know, I know, typical fat-girl right here, but I swear I don't even eat meat this often or this much food in one day, but it's my birthday, I feel like we're all allowed to treat ourselves on our birthdays!

Also, isn't the design of this menu really cool?


We could choose between a lot of drinks, which was awesome, and I just had a Coke because even though a Coke float sounded interesting, I'm actually not a huge fan of vanilla because I don't have the biggest sweet tooth. I also (please don't kill me) don't really like ice cream unless it's Ben and Jerry's Phish Food/Chocolate Fudge Brownie. But, me and my sister and her friends really wanted to try this. Not entirely sure what it was called, but it was called after someone hilarious. It's basically vodka and really sweet slushie. It was a mix, I'm pretty sure. It tasted pretty good, I only had a little bit (and kept the umbrella), the rest was drank by my sister and her friends who were too young to drink the alcohol themselves!


Me and my sister shared a starer, BBQ chicken wings. This was the first time I have ever tried chicken wings - delicious, although not much meat on them, obviously because they're chicken wings. 

(mine - chicken in a bun)

(my sisters - I think she had a double burger of some kind? She's away at a her friends' house right now for a sleepover, but if she remembers I will edit this and say what she got)
It was delicious! I especially loved the fries. I have been strongly craving fries since I started to watch Bob's Burgers but even so. They were just delicious. The actual chicken burger was pretty good, too, but it was messy. I ended up having to eat it with a fork and knife, because my hands were covered in grease and mayonnaise. Interesting burger buns, too! They look just like the buns from American diner TV shows. 

And now, my favourite part. 



Sorry for the bad photo quality (of all these photos, really) but look how adorably this is portrayed. It's chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. The brownie was still hot, it was absolutely delicious, and I wanted seconds before I had even finished it. If we had the money for seconds, I would have probably got some, too! Amazing how I was still hungry after eating all this. My sister had been here before, it was only me and mum who were really amazed by everything. And, of course, my little brother with the play area!

Overall, I had a wonderful time. Thank you to my mother for taking me out and organizing it, I had a great time, and to everyone who came and gave me gifts!

I do recommend this to certain people, but I understand it won't be everyone's thing.
Thank you for reading.
Loz x

No comments:

Post a Comment