Saturday 29 August 2015

August Book Haul 2015!

This is not going to include very many books, and for that I apolagize, I just haven't had much money and haven't really been very "read-y" lately. But, I hope you enjoy what I did pick up! What did you buy this month? 

"The Alchemyst" by Michael Scott. 
"The Magician" by Michael Scott. 

Both books were gifts for my 19th birthday back on August 8th from my mother and my younger sister (she's seventeen). They follow twins, Josh and Sophie, who take up a summer job thinking they can do what they need to do and leave, but things take a turn as they're bundled into a world of adventure! I first heard this from my favourite YouTuber, Stacyplays, in her Attack of the B-Team Minecraft series and was intrigued from the get-go! They're books I brought with me to England to see my nan and granddad, I'm probably going to move on to read them shortly and I'll let you know what I thought about them.

"Am I Normal Yet?"by Holly Bourne. 

Amazingly, I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway and started to read shortly afterwards because of it's interesting premise. It follows a young sixteen-year-old girl who tries hard to be normal and fit in, despite that not being who she is, because she suffers from OCD and doesn't want people to know about it. It also follows some very feminist ideas that I really enjoyed reading about, and I can't wait to get my hands on more books written by Miss Holly Bourne.

"Horrorstor" by Grady Hendrix. 

This was a gift from my boyfriend, co-owner of the blog (Austin), for my 19th birthday. I'm currently reading it but by the time this will be posted on Saturday, I would have already finished it. So far, I can say that I really enjoyed it. It's a great joke on how hard working in retail is, getting lost in Ikea and what would probably happen, but also a really horrifying story involving the 1800's and torture devices. I didn't think I would like it as this man has also written for Playboy, but I found myself pleasantly surprised.

"Darth Bane: Path of Destruction" by Drew Karpyshyn. 

Also a gift from Austin, I read this book and finished it shortly after my arrival here in England. It's a science fiction novel from the world of Star Wars following a Dark Lord of the Sith. It was dark and creepy towards the end, a great book for character development, and a fantastic introduction into the Star Wars world. Even if you don't like Star Wars, I think you'll really enjoy reading this book.

"The Spiderwick Chronicles: The Completely Fantastical Edition" by Tony Diterlizzi and Holly Black. 

My granddad kindly bought me this book as he had a WHSmith discount voucher, and it's all five books in one beautiful book (believe me, I will be making a post on that very soon) that I can't wait for. I don't know too much about it, I want to go into it blind, but I do know that it's a kids' book that has also been made into a movie and everyone else has read it or watched it but me! No worries, I'll be getting around to it soon.

"Landline" by Rainbow Rowell.

Again, another book bought for me by my granddad, I'm not entirely sure what it's about? Something to do with how a woman wants to get into contact with her ex-husband through the phone and sort things out and start on a clean slate. I really enjoyed reading "Eleanor and Park", it had some flaws but overall it left me with quite a gooey and happy feeling. I'm wondering if I will get the same, or similar, experience here or in "Fangirl". I will let you all know.

Okay, that's all the books I got for the month of August, thank you so much for reading and I'll see you all tomorrow, bye!

- Loz x

No comments:

Post a Comment