Sunday 16 August 2015

My 100th Post!

*blows those things that make a lot of noise and sprinkle out confetti*

Hey! So, I made it to 100 posts and didn't delete anything, yeah! I guess blogging everyday for August has really helped speed that along, huh? I'm actually doing a pretty good job of it, if I do say so myself, just two weeks left! 

Anyway, I thought I would give you a small, brief background to the birth of AGiantLeapForLozKind, as a sort of celebration for this minor achievement for me. 

Austin, the co-owner of the blog and also my bae, has been a big fan of Star Wars since he was a little-un. I've never really been a Star Wars fan (though, soon, I'm about to read my first Star Wars book) simply because I've never watched the movies and I know little about it apart from all the basic stuff. However, I really love space. Like, really love space. I love learning about it and watching the sky and I'm very into star signs (even if I don't very much believe in it). As you might have noticed from the tabs above, the theme is space but also spaceships, Each tab is named after, with the help of Austin, areas on a spaceship that suit the topic of that tab.

But, I can't really remember the day I started blogging. I do remember that the idea had never really occured to me. I wish I didn't delete, swap and change my blogs so often so I could go back and see what my first ever post was. I've always loved to write from a very young age, even if I lost the drive somewhere in my high school years and went a long time without writing so now the talent I had has drifted away and I'm keen to get it back - it greatly upset me when I failed all three years of my English Literature A Levels and AS Levels. It was like I swallowed pins. I was clearly not meant to be a writer if I was bad at basic English Literature studies? But, I can't let grades stop me. I can't give up without never trying - so AGreatLeapforLozKind was born, and shall live on, even if I ever achieve that dream to publish a book!

And for Austin, he joined because he enjoys to write too. Being a part of a blog or making his own has never really occurred to him before. He will probably never make his own, as if you've noticed, he doesn't post very often at all. I'm going to get him there, though.

I hope this blog can grow into something bigger and better in the future, I look foward to when the blog turns into exactly what I wanted it to be and I've achieved most of my goals.

Thank you for reading, until next time, Loz x 

No comments:

Post a Comment