Wednesday 26 August 2015

Top Five Wednesday: Top Five Worlds!

Welcome to my second Top Five Wednesday post! Today, I thought an interesting topic would be to talk about what my top five favourite worlds to visit so far are. I think one of them is going to be yoghurt-thrown-in-your-face obvious, but the others might not be (I haven't even thought of them yet, it's as much a surprise to me as it will be to you!). Must stop rambling and actually get on with the post, shall we? Yes, we shall, let's get started: 

One.

World one is, you guessed it, the world in the Harry Potter series written by the Queen. The whole school in a castle thing is what really interests me, as I live in Wales and we have a lot of castle hot spots and even before Harry Potter, I would always wonder what it would be like to go to school in one of those castles. Especially an abandoned one. The fact that it includes so many more amazing things, like magic and dragons, is a huge added bonus to one of my childhood dreams. I don't understand why anyone would not want to be in the world of Harry Potter. 

Two. 

I wouldn't want to live in these worlds, but I want access to them as a vacation spot, and that is the worlds in the Dr. Seuss books. I really loved "Cat in the Hat", I thought it was colourful and wacky and unique and what they did with that in the Universal Studios from what I have seen online is what I want the worlds to look like if they came to live. Just a lot more lively and not looking like buildings, you know what I mean? 

Three. 

It has escaped my memory what this place is actually called, but I don't like the world in Lord of the Rings as a whole, I just like the place where the Hobbits lived. And the fact they smoke weed and eat all day is a pleasurable thought, they don't have to do anything, it seems a fun life. I would probably have miniature adventures in the surrounding area, but really small ones - I don't want to get caught up in any crap, especially far away from the Hobbit holes! I (shamefully) haven't yet read the books, so I'm just going from the movies. Sorry, okay, I will get to them! 

Four. 

I have only read one book from this world, but that one book was enough to get me interested, and that is the realm of Star Wars. This might change in the future, as one book doesn't even make a dent in all the information you can learn about it and especially now that Disney owns them, but from what I know about it so far, it can't not make my top five list - even if it is a super predictable option!

Five. 

This one not so much now, as I don't really like the last few books in the series - and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that - but to make fifteen year old me happy, the House of Night series by P.C and Kristen Cast because I loved the idea of being a beautiful vampire with artwork on my face and wearing beautiful clothes and having a loyal cat. The whole world just appealed to me, and it still does in my memory. 

So, what are your favourite worlds, can you pick one that's not Harry Potter?!
See you tomorrow!

- Loz x

No comments:

Post a Comment