Friday 14 August 2015

Reader Problems Book Tag!

How old is this book tag, a year gone now, right?
Well, I'm late to the party in everything else, so what the hell. 

Welcome to a new book tag, that I am doing because I am really, really bored but feel like writing with nothing to write (I just did two posts on book pet peeves, though, and boy that rage was fun). 

Anyway, enough talk/write, lets just begin, shall we? Yes, we shall: 

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

I just go with the flow of whatever I feel like reading at that specfic moment in time. Usually, I regret it, so I should probably put a lot more thought into it then what I do.  Sometimes, I will read a book I had no intention of reading anytime soon just because it interested me at the time (why read a book you don't want to read, right?).

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?

Quit, quit, QUIT. I tried. I can't say that I didn't, but it's a waste of time, I have a lot of lazy I need to be doing rather then reading this terrible, terrible book. 

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?

YES, I'M A FIGHTER. Not really, I have the muscles of a fruit fly, but I do try to read as many books as I can once I realize it's not getting completed very quickly (should really be doing that now...) and I will often 'cheat' by reading a bunch of very small, very easy to read or comic-type books just to get the number higher rather then 600 page books - although, don't get me wrong, I do really enjoy reading any type of book, I just don't like to lose, I'm a sore loser okay.

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?

I will wait. I will wait for them, because that's what love is, my friend. I wait for new cover releases and I will snatch them...so hard...off that shelf. And there, I will have a perfectly matching series sat there staring at me with pride and I will know that I fought for them. I fought for that beauty, I did it, I waited for them. 
The others can just go sit in a chartiy store or something.

5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

This blog, you have become my friend even though I'm a very, very small blogger and I'm 99.99% nobody but the people I share the link to even reads these. Which, in all honestly, just makes us closer, blog, doesn't it? Yeah. 

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?

I don't cry when reading books, ever, I will never have this problem but if I did, I will stop reading the book and go watch Dance Moms on my phone because that's how you deal with emotions. 

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?

If I knew it was coming out, the book would have already been re-read because I come prepared but in the odd event that I didn't know it was coming out and I was hit suddenly, I would find the graphic novel version of the book and read that or I will quickly skim-re-read the book so I can jump into that one as quick as I possibly can. 

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?

I'm not polite, really, I usually just tell them upfront I am not comfortable with lending out them, that is like lending out my first born, no.

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?

I just decide not to read them, at all, and will put them back. I usually turn to writing in the form of blogging, or journalling (probably been noticing I've done a lot of that lately, although probably not, because I am reallllllllly bad at publishing things so I end up having like two posts in one month, but whatever), or I find a good book I really loved and enjoyed and just read through that slowly and by the time I'm done with it, I should be out of my reading slump. Or not. 
*Tina Groan*

10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?

I probably don't buy any because I don't have very much money and they usually end up turning out pretty bad, so I just continue buying cheap books the way I usually do and hope to all hell they'll turn up in a charity shop or something at some point. Which, in all honesty, happens a lot. 

11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?

It depends on whether they are a standalone or if they're part of a series. If they're a standalone, they're read pretty quickly because there's no other parts of the series I have to wait for or don't have, there's no other books I have to read before I can read that one, there's no two month period taken to finish the series before I read anymore books from that genre, so it really does just depend. 
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks for reading, guys!
I'm in a really good mood today. Is that obvious. 
Even if the guy next to me (we're in a school setting) is watching sexy anime girls on YT, that's totally okay. 
 OKAY BYE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment