Thursday 13 August 2015

Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone Update #2

I'm on page 140 of 331, just about to start the chapter where Harry Potter meets the potions master up front for the first time, but I came across an intersting comment on my Facebook Page the other day. Usually, when I think of Potter books, I think of how Rowling wrote them like she was writing them for us and that when we grew up, we would be at the suitable age to read the next one. That's how I thought they were released. But them someone posted some 'mini reviews' and said how the book was suited for the age that Harry was in that book - I don't know why I never thought about it that way, but I didn't, I'm pretty sure everyone else has probably already thought of that, though. 

Anyway, I like how Ron is presented in the books far more then the movies. In the movies, he was a bit of a prick. For example, in "Goblet of Fire" when they were talking about the Yule Ball, he basically made fun of a girl because she was fat - and it made me think that in the movies, he never really liked Hermionie because of herself, he liked her because she was beautiful. In the books, I think I felt differently about that, although I can't be sure. 

Harry is also way more sassy. He still makes me laugh out loud! 

How are you getting along, if you're reading with me? If now, how are you enjoying it? 

- Loz x

No comments:

Post a Comment