Monday 23 March 2015

Travelling: My Make-Up Bag


Hey guys!

So, not long ago I said I was going to England soon and it's only a week away, so I assume it isn't going to be cancelled this time and I've already packed up my make-up bag. I'm not too fond of make-up and really, I only wear it when I'm going out, taking a photo with other people where if I can't decide what I look like I can at least make myself the best version of me, and...I think those are the only two reasons really...plus, I don't want my dad picking on me about spots or anything like that and I am rambling, let's just start with the post, shall we? Yes...

This is also going to be a really long post. I'm writing this after I have finished and just before I post. You may want to get a snack. 

I don't own high-end make-up, this is all high street (or, drugstore for American readers) so if that's the kind of thing you're looking for, don't look here!


                


1. My moisturizer by Simple, I think it's called the Simple Face Moisturizer but I stupidly long-ago tore the label from it. It comes in a box and can be found anywhere that sells Simple, usually! It's pretty cheap, I think it's about £5.

2. ELF Kabuki Brush, bought from the website for £6.99, I do believe.

3. MUA mosaic bronzer in "Natural Glow: Shade 1". It's much too dark for me, I made a bad choice in buying it, but it was only £2 so it's not a huge waste!

4. Kate Middleton lipstick in Shade 19, I bought it on sale a long time ago for £3.99 and along with others, I'll show the lipstick colour down below (getting naughty there).

5.  ELF Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15, in a shade that has rose in it, but again, the tag has seen been torn of. It's lovely, I like it a lot and it smells like suncream. Even though I hate the sun and summer and the feel of suncream, the smell is delightful. It was about £2 from the studio range on the UK website.

6. Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Sensitive Skin in "Light". I bought this for half price at Superdrug, £4.99, and it's only been in that bag for a week! I have just written a first impression blog post on this, though, which should have been up a short while before this post, so if you're curious on my thoughts about that, the link will be here - Hey, I'm the link!

7. ELF Tone Correcting Concealer in "Light beige" and, yes, it's too dark for me and it smells really funky, like peppermint and plastic. It also doesn't do too well at being tone correcting or being a concealer but it evens my skin tone pretty well, which is why I still carry it around and I also really want to use it up and never purchase it again. £1 from the cheapest range on the UK website.

8. ELF (yes, more ELF...I never make small purchases seeing as I'm from the UK and I always spend £30 for the free shipping) lip stain in "lucky lady". I really like this now. I never used to use it but it's actually pretty amazing, even if it doesn't do the most amazing lip stain job...I would love to buy some more in different shades once I have money to spare and I'm all out of this one. It was £1 from the studio range on the UK website.

9. MUA (also a really cheap brand I often purchase from, I'm not hugely into make-up like I said and I mostly just want to experiment) Professional Extreme Volume Mascara, £2 from Superdrug. Not an amazing mascara, but much better then the one I was currently using (number sixteen) so it'll do until I can get myself a better one.

10. MUA Undress Your Skin illuminating foundation in "porcelain", originally £5 from Superdrug, but I got it for £3. It matches my skin tone perfectly, makes my face glow faintly so I don't look dead, and lasts decently long with my powder, so for the price, I'll probably buy it again...it's also on sale quite often!

11. The photo is very reflecting and I'm sorry about that, but this is the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in "001 transparent" and I absolutely adore this powder. It's £5.99 (I think, I got it for £4.99 at Savers, though), and it's very thick so you can't really use it for touch ups, but ... I would still buy it again, it's wonderful.

12. ELF Complete Coverage Concealer in "light", and I don't think any of these shades perfectly match my skin tone, but they're creamy and they blend in very well, they do the job...I like them. I think this was £3 from the UK studio section on the website, correct me if I am wrong.

13. Often named a dupe for the first Naked palette, this is MUA's "heaven and earth" eyeshadow palette, and it's much cheaper too at £4 from Superdrug. Despite none of the shades being matte, it's beautiful and I highly recommend it.

14. ELF zit zapper, a pound from the website, and it's amazing! Basically just alcohol, though, so probably not the healthiest thing to use on your skin.

15. Wilko's double ended eye brush, £3 from Wilkinson's. They're highly fluffy, the bristles don't fall out, it's cheap...I love it.

16. Collection Super Size Fat Lash Mascara, £3.99 from Superdrug. It's okay...it doesn't really do anything, and it's kind of clumpy, but it's very black so I like to use it with my other mascara just to make them look more interesting, really.

Thank you for reading this post, from here on it's just going to be close up photos of some of the above mentioned products and the actual make-up bag itself, but this is the point where the blog technically finishes. Haha...I feel awkward. See ya!




          

My mother a very long time ago (at least a year or two now) bought a perfume clearly by Jimmy Choo and with that, she received this bag...which I made clear I really liked and by some coincidence, she gave it to me! ;) I have this weird love for the texture of this bag, very smooth on the outside but it's also really floppy and not stiff at all, which I love, it's a great make-up bag and really small which is what I want for travelling. It's also got way more room inside then what it looks like it has so there's that!


                    

Number 13 on the list, this was MUA's "Heaven and Earth" eyeshadow palette and £4 for ten different shades is a pretty cool deal, right? As I have already said, I'm just new with the whole make-up thing and I figured starting out with neutral shades might be the way to go. My favourite is the lighter shade in the bottom left of the second picture just because I can use it as a base and also just on it's own to give my eyes a shimmer without anything being noticeable and it's pretty!


            
               

As you can see, this is VERY shimmery! Which is great for summer but because my summer foundation is shimmery, my blush is shimmery, my eyeshadow is shimmery...starting to think all that shimmer might be a bit too much, so adding a shimmery bronzer on top is not needed, and it's too dark on my skin anyway, but I will keep it until I can find a way to make it work as something else or as a bronzer! It's pretty nice packaging too.



             

As clear, I've experimented and used all four of these quite a lot. My favourite is the far right one, I don't know why...I guess it's because it does the best job at hiding those bright red spots. The pink one (second to the left) is also really nice for hiding spots on my cheeks because I feel like it gives me a little extra flush as the pink doesn't really cancel out any shade on my skin, but still shows up as faintly pink. The other two shades are my least used just because they just don't seem as good at the other two so no point in using them yet, although they help hide the veins in my eyelids, so I can appreciate that!


                     

I absolutely love this and it shows up way darker then what it actually is...it's more of a dark nude colour, in real life. It's super moisturizing, it smells of sun cream, it gives my lips colour on days where they have none but something I am not too fond of is the bulky packaging. It's really hard to fit into places like my pocket or the small pockets of my bag and just...yeah. I don't like it.



                     

This is one of the first (actually, it is the first) lipsticks I've ever owned. It's a good colour and it lasts quite a long time, but it's really drying on me and it's quite expensive for someone like me...who has no job and therefore no money, hence all the very cheap drugstore products! I love the black packaging though.



                      
 
     Although very small, it's beautiful! I don't like the shimmery aspect but for the price, it's really lovely, lasts a long time and...yeah, nothing really to say about this. I also love the name "lolly" for this.

     
OKAAAAY, now I am officially done with this really long blog post! Do you have any of these products, do you like them, do you not? I would also like any drugstore recommendations (UK, of course) for people who are like me and are a complete noob at make-up. If you got this far, thank you for reading and I'll see you next time, which will hopefully be my travelling toiletries bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment