Sunday 15 March 2015

Review, Kinda: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

WELL, is it really that time again? How do you feel about hurting others, do you enjoy hurting them? Frankly, I don't think you'll like the way this review ends... Mostly because it's not a very official review. Anyways, I was a huge fan of the first game, Hotline Miami. Great gameplay, crazy story, great visuals, A FANTASTIC SOUND TRACK, a game that gives you an UNEASY feeling while you play it. It makes you feel good but BAD for killing all these bad people. Though, it's not all quite right, because you're not a good person either... are you?

No, see, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, is much of the same, and that's not a bad thing in this case. It features an all new sound track, ties up any loose ends, even BETTER visuals, a crazier story that still somehow grounds itself on the Earth, and it made me feel even UNEASIER than the first. I felt like I WAS a terrible person doing all these killings, and honestly, that's a good thing. It was fun, while it also reminded me, I don't like hurting others, a question that is asked a few sparse times, but enough times to make you really think about it. Why are you killing these people?

 It was never told to you, but you did it anyways, because it's just a game, right? Well, yeah it is. Now, I'm not a great reviewer or anything, but, lemme tell you, this game really kept at what I loved from the original game, and it did it WELL. The levels are MUCH harder, but I got through the whole thing. And enjoyed it. Plus, I loved how well they connected it with the first game's story, and made everything much clearer. And it's WORTH sticking around for the ending. If just for that killer soundtrack. Hah. Killer. And here's a song for just that!


I'd say, all things considered, I'd rate it a 9/10.

Well, don't just take my word for it, give the first game a spin if you haven't!
Don't get too comfortable, though... good things don't last long, do they?

-Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment