Thursday 12 March 2015

Throwback Thursday: Charlotte's Web by E.B.White.

Stacyplays is a gamer on YouTube and one of her series is called Bookcraft. In her second book, she is building things in Minecraft from Charlotte's Web. In case you are interested, I thought it was pretty fitting for this post.


An affectionate pig named Wilbur befriends a spider named Charlotte, who lives in the rafters above his pen. In this story of friendship, hardship, and the passing on into time, White reminds readers to open their eyes to the wonder and miracle found in the simplest of things.

I can't tell you how much I loved this book as a child. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of those kids who read many not-very-well-known books, but at least the classics are pretty good regardless! This book really taught me about what it means to truly loves animals. As a kid, I always wanted to have a piglet for a pet just like Wilber (not a micro pig). I probably still will have some pet like that in the future, this book was a huge contribution to that decision!

This was also my favorite book that I read time and time again as a child, and gave me a whole new perspective on pigs. I now know that they can be intelligent and loving animals, dog-like and friendly - although several, I know, are quite aggressive. 

Animal Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment