Thursday 12 March 2015

Autism Awareness blog post series!

So recently, I have found a tonne of online videos from people with autism/asperger's who have accepted themselves, swallowed their fear and talked about it. Despite a lot of people knowing what they both are, very few people know what they both include - if I got paid for everytime I heard "So, I know what autism is but what really is autism?" or something offensive like "well, it's only autism, it's not that bad, it's just like talking problems, right?" then I would be rich. I feel like - especially for the kids and adults who have autism but aren't vocal - autism awareness is very, very important and for the few of us who are vocal, we need to use our voice in a helpful manor.

Each one is going to be titled a different thing (for example, anxiety) and I'll probably pre-write them and release them throughout the next few weeks. They will be based mostly from my experiences with having ASD, but also from the experiences I know from other people but that will be in a lot less detail.

I hope you take a lot of information away from this and the treatment of autistic people will improve, baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment