Wednesday 18 March 2015

The Reading Challenge Book Tag!

I have no idea what the actual challenge of this book tag was supposed to be - do I read a book a day for thirty days? I don't know, but I thought I would answer the questions anyway and if anyone reading this has any idea on what the thirty day book challenge is, please let me know.

I'll be joining in on this challenge too! Some of my answers may be games though, as I cannot think of many books, though I have read plenty. I just have a bad memory when it comes to books.
-Austin


1) Best book you read last year. 

Loz- "Hollow City" by Ransom Riggs.
Austin- "Knights of the Old Republic" by Dark Horse? Honestly, this one has a bunch of writers, so crediting is kinda difficult for this book.

2) A book you've read more then 3 times. 

Loz- "Marked" by Kristen Cast.
Austin- "The Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle

3) Your favorite series. 

Loz- The Harry Potter series, of course.
Austin- Darth Bane series! Gotta love that evilness.

4) A guilty pleasure book. 

Loz - Any book by Jacqueline Wilson/Cathy Cassidy, my childhood favourites.
Austin-  Any historical novel, and reading history school text books...

5) A book that makes you happy. 

Loz - Most of them, really? To pick a random one, "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" by Selznick.
Austin- An old WW2 diary I read of a guy who couldn't wait to get back home to his wife to hear her play on the piano.

6) A book that makes you sad. 

Loz - I feel like Harry Potter can answer pretty much every single one of these questions but probably "Running Wild" by Michael Murpurgo but if you haven't read the book, I suggest you do, it brings awareness over deforestation and the welfare of animals.
Austin- That exact same WW2 diary, because he died a week before he went home.

7) Most under-rated book. 

Loz - "Dodger" by Terry Pratchett...although I have a feeling that might change soon, R.I.P Terry, you will be missed!
Austin- The Han Solo Trilogy!

8) Most over-rated book. 

Loz- The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Claire, but if I could pick one I haven't read, FSOG.
Austin- "The Fault in Our Stars" S O R R Y

9) A book you thought you wouldn't like but ended up loving. 

Loz - This one is a really hard one to answer. Hmm. "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner, I think, I really love that series.
Austin- Ah uh... Harry... Potter...

10) Favourite classic book.

Loz - "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Caroll.
Austin- Save the Kahn! I love that book to death.

11) A book you hated. 

Loz - "It's kind of a funny story" by Ned Vizzini. I apprechiate the ways in which depression can be helped, but I did not apprechiate the sexualization of every single female, including his own mother. Some may see this as something normal for a teenage boy, but I personally disagreed with it strongly so for that reason, I hated this book.
Austin- I HATED To Kill a Mocking Bird. I just did, eugh.

12) The first novel you remember reading. 

Loz - "The Butterfly Lion" by Michael Murpurgo (beautiful book, by the way)
 Austin- The Cassocks! That was a depressing story for a kid.

13) Your favourite writer. 

Loz - Ramsom Riggs, right now. Or J.K.Rowling because not only did she contibute a lot to my childhood, but "The Casual Vancany" was an amazing book too, proving to me her writing skills expand to more then what I was used to.
Austin- Drew Karpyshyn. He writes the BEST Star Wars novels.

14) Favourite book of your favourite writer. 

Loz - "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" by J.K.Rowling.
Austin- Darth Bane: Path of Darkness!

15)  Book that should be on HS/college reading list. 

Loz - well a lot, but the book I'm reading right now is called "The Hourglass Factory" by Lucy Ribchester, which really shows the brutality of the Women's Rights Movement back in the early 1900's, mostly towards women's rights to vote at this point, and how many people were agaisnt them and what they did for us. It should be on the reading list just so feminism in history is apprechiated, whether or not you agree if it's needed currently anymore in first world counties.
Austin- Anything by HP Lovecraft or Issac Asimov!

16) A book you would reccomend to an ignorant/close-minded/racist person. 

Loz - Hmm. "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" by John Boyne. Simply because it shows that racism doesn't exst in the mind of a child, hatred is taught.
Austin- The original I-Robot. Maybe they'd see why treating people horribly is actually BAD for once.

17) Favourite quote from your favourite book. 

Loz - "Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to switch on the light"
Austin- "Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you."

18) A book that dissapointed you. 

Loz - "Marina" by Carlos Ruiz Zafron. The review I wrote for that is on here somewhere!
Austin- Ender's Game. It was just... yeah man, for angsty teens.

19) Favourite book that turned into a movie. 

Loz - "Hugo" from "The Invention of Hugo Cabret", I preach about it quite a lot because I think it was done perfectly. Also, the TV series by the BBC from "The Diary of Anne Frank" was perfect, too.
Austin- Gonna use a game here... Max Payne. For the love of all that is holy, do not subject yourself to that mess.

20) Book turning into a movie and completely desecrated. 

Loz - Most book to movie, honestly.
Austin- SEE ABOVE.

21) Favourite book from your childhood. 

Loz - "Charlotte's Web" by E.B.White.
Austin- The Very Hungry Caterpillar!

22) The book that made you fall in love with reading. 

Loz - I can't really think of one from the top of my head but honestly, an awful lot of books, really.
Austin- Under a Killing Moon! Just, hot damn, MYSTERY DONE RIGHT.

23) A book that you have wanted to read for a long time but still haven't?

Loz - "The Bell Jar" by Sylthia Plath, I honestly don't know why it's taking me so long to get round to that book, probably from lack of money, honestly.
Austin- The rest of Harry Potter, and Discworld.

24) A book you wish more people have read. 

Loz - "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. It raises awareness on autism/Asperger's, gives more information on Star Wars and gives the pro's of gaming instead of all the negatives you hear in the media so often. They're making a movie, too, I hear. I hope it's as good as the book was.
Austin- Literally anything Star Wars.

25) A charecter you can relate to the most. 

Loz - any sort of misunderstood, chubby and anti-social person I could probably relate to.
Austin- Zayne from the KOTOR books. He's an idiot, gets everything blamed on him, and is clumsy as all hell. It's me.

26) A book that changed your opinion about something. 

Loz - Oh, ooh, wow. A lot of books changed my perspective on things. Harry Potter changed my perspective, though, on abused chilrdren. When I was younger, I thought kids who grew up with an abused childhood would be unable to be kind, caring and loving people. Harry proved me wrong.
Austin- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy! Boy was that a journey alright

27) The most surprising plot twist or ending. 

Loz- The change of events halfway though the House of Night - the first three books.
Austin- Calling to the Night got me pretty good. Won't say why.

28) Favourite title. 

Loz - I searched through all my read list in my Goodreads profile and I'm a bit far away from my room to go rummaging in there, so for this one, I'm stumped. If I ever remember, I will edit and come back to this.
Austin- Foundation! The name just sounds so grandiose! 

29) A book that made you cry. 

Loz - Every single book by Michael Murpurgo.
Austin- Gonna have to use a game here for this one. Metal Gear Solid and Red Dead Redemption. CHARACTERS WHO JUST DIDN'T DESERVE IT!

30) Your favourite book of all time.  

Loz - "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"
Austin- It's a short story written by Issac Asimov, and it's about a robot who felt and didn't want to be shut down. I forgot the game, sadly...

No comments:

Post a Comment