Friday 6 March 2015

The Un-named Book Tag!

Ashley and Christine's blog!

Hey, and I'm here with another book tag I took from the linked blog up there, hopefully it won't be as long as my last one was - enjoy!

Do you have a certain place at home for reading? 

Not really, no. I like to read on the floor leaned up against a wall, in my sofa, lying on my belly in my bed, on the kitchen table, I don't really have a specific place.

Bookmark or a random piece of paper?

 Both. Right now, I'm using a very pretty silver bookmark with the dragon from the Welsh flag on there but sometimes I will fold the corner of the page, or I will just use anything that is thin enough to keep my page for me.

Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, etc?

 Depends on how good the book is. If it's urgent and I have to go do it right away, and it's too long till I can reach the end of the chapter, or if it's a book that isn't really that interesting, I can just finish reading it in the middle of a paragraph, but otherwise, nope, I have to finish the chapter.

Do you eat or drink while reading?

 Yes! I like a cold can or glass of Coke, some tea, and/or some fruit, chocolate, anything that's finger food and I can eat with one hand.

Can you read while listening to music/watching TV?

 No. Sometimes, I can, but very rarely. If the music or TV show isn't something I'm strongly interested in, like Sia or Doctor Who, then I don't find it a distraction but it's just loud noises and I'm not very good with loud noises.

One book at a time, or several at once?

I used to read several at once until I noticed "Wait, these books are never going to get finished and one of those books always captures my attention the most and I end up dedicating more time to that book then I do to any of the others..I might as well just stick to the one book!"

 Reading at home or everywhere?

 Everywhere, really. Anywhere that isn't wet, moving, or windy.

Reading out loud or silently in your head?

 Silently in my head, although sometimes I do catch myself reading out loud in a whisper if I'm having difficulties paying attention.

Do you read ahead or skip pages?

 If the book is really slow and I want to see if it's going somewhere, I sometimes read ahead. I also skip romance/sex scenes, or scenes that are just really boring.

Breaking the spine or keeping it new?

 I actually prefer my books to be a bit on the damaged side, I think it gives them character.

Do you write in books?

Sometimes, but in some books, I just can't make myself so much as underline the good quotes and I don't know why it only works with some books and not others. 
 If this tag is something you would like to do, as always, please link your blog and I'll follow you!

No comments:

Post a Comment