Tuesday 10 March 2015

The Sick Book Tag!

Hello there and welcome to another book tag I found on Wattpad, and this particular one I really liked for some reason.  I hope you like it too!

1) Diabetes - a book too sweet, like really sweet!

Hmm...the book that is popping into my head right now is "Wonder" by R.J Palacio.
On the assumption that you did not mean romantic, this book was insanely sweet - it starts off pretty traumatic and upsetting, but as you go deeper into the book, your heart just warms up and receives the biggest hug. I also just heard this might be a movie soon, and I am pretty exited if that's true.


2) Chicken Pox - a book you read once but will never pick up again. 

I was going to pick a book that I would pick quite often for the book I hate the most, but because of how often you're going to see that in future book tags, I picked something different: "Trust in me" by Sophie McKenzie. Not because the writing style or even the plot was bad, I actually quite liked it, I just have so much empathy/sympathy and things were described from the crazy guy in such detail that I just couldn't handle it and I won't be picking it back up ever again.


3) Influenza - a contagious book that spreads around like a virus. 

Probably every YA book in existence I feel is way over-hyped when it's pretty much the same story over and over again - not that I don't like YA's, because I do, but you must admit that they have their flaws.  Just for irony purposes though, I'm going to pick "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner. The movie version of this really sucks when you compare it to the books, honestly.


4) The Cycle - a book you read every month, year or often. 

 I really want to pick the first Harry Potter book, but I am aware of how cliche that is. So, instead, I'm going to go with a book by Jacqueline Wilson, "My sister Jodie"


5) Insomnia - a book that kept you up all night. 

This was mostly by choice but I decided that I was going to stay awake for most of the night with my boyfriend until it was finished. I did enjoy it, and now that I have the rest of the series, I really should re-read it soon and continue with the series - "Gone" by Michael Grant. I haven't seen the movie for this and I don't know if I should, what do you think?


6) Amnesia - A book that's forgotten and failed to leave a powerful impression on your memory. 

 This is actually quite the list I have to choose from, so I'm just going to pick one at random and say the first book in a series by Dan Wells, "I am not a serial killer". I really loved the book at the time but on later reflection, I decided I did not.


7) Asthma - A book that took your breath away.  

 Without a doubt, "The invention of Hugo Cabret" by Brain Selznick. The illustrations in this book are absolutely gorgeous, the plot is amazing, the whole story was just breathtaking and it's the most beautiful book I own. The movie, "Hugo", is equally as beautiful so if you don't want to read this book, at least watch the movie!


8) Malnutrition - A book that lacked food for thought. 

 Again, I have so much to choose from so I'm probably going to pick the later books from the House of Night series - a series that I loved, but it started to get terrible after a certain point. I also hate how it switched to a bright orange cover after something like eight books of black and dull colours. Ugh, I hate series that change covers so drastically halfway through the series, it makes my shelves look terrible!



9) Travel sickness - a book that took you on a journey through space and time.  

Hmm. This one is a tough one, I'm going to have to think about it. Ooh! "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs. If you haven't read this book, then I really recommend that you do, it's amazing!


Thank you for reading! If you have done this tag, I would love to read it. What do you think about my thoughts, what are your thoughts? 

All photos taken from Google searches or Goodreads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment