Friday 3 July 2015

Monday Missions #5

There's been a lot of stress and anxiety in my life right now, so that on top of my mini reading slump, I'm only picking one book to read this week and a couple of options if I by miracle get through it and finish it before next weeks Monday Missions. 

I thought I would include the book I am reading right now, even though I am probably going to get it finished today so I can move on to my chosen book of the week, and that is "Carrie" by Stephen King which is one of my favourite "horror" movies of all time (all three adaptations) and if I had known there was a book at the time I had watched the first adaptation quite a while ago, then I would have read it first, but despite knowing the story of Carrie quite well this book is simply a wonder to read and I love it so, so much (quite the lengthly paragraph right there, huh). It's probably going to get a 4.5 stars. 

So, onto the book of this week, I have chosen "Plague" by Michael Grant, the forth book in his "Gone" series. Obviously, I can't say too much without spoiling the first three but in the previous book, things had spiralled out of control and it began to take a more political edge to it. Sometimes, I heavily enjoy reading about politics but recently is not one of those times and it really spoilt the enjoyment of the book for me. Also, a lot of things had been answered which made any exitement or curiosity for the forth book simmer by quite a bit. Nethertheless, I am hoping something in it will turn and surprise me, I am eager to get this series finished with so I can start a new one (although not too fast, I am really enjoying it, finishing it will be bittersweet).

Options for if I do manage to finish "Plague" are the new Rainbow Rowell books I recently bought in the month of June, and I usually don't cave into the hype until the hype has long died down and the books aren't even brought up anymore, but something about the descriptions from added friends on Goodreads made me eager to pick them up...so I did. Although, not too keen on romance right now, so another possibiliy that I really want to read is "Mind Games" by Terri Terry, author of the "Slated" trilogy, or what I assume is a trilogy. I believe it came out early this year, and is a standalone dystopian YA...something I have never read a standalone of before. This will be new to me. I have also never read a book from this author, I'm interested to see how this book will represent her writing. 

Thank you for reading, this is all for this weeks Monday Missions and sorry for the lack of picture, complications came up today that made it too difficult to achieve but I just really wanted this post to come up today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment