Friday 3 July 2015

June Monthly Book Haul: Part Five: Other

 The shortest, and last, part of the book haul is the small portion of books I bought that are not enough to fit in their own category. These books are all books I have been wanting for what feels like quite a while so here you go, read on to know my thoughts on them!



"Work in Progress" by Connor Franta (Unread)

 Published 2015.

 This book is simply beautiful. The graphic design was immense, the photographs throughout the book were stunning and really grasped Connor and his love for photography, and the actual content was like watching one of his vlogs (just less funny). It had different visuals on life that he wanted to share and, despite not being a fan of Connor Franta to the level of which I would call myself a fan, I still deeply enjoyed this book and gave it a four out of five stars on Goodreads.

"My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult (Read)

Published 2004. 

When the movie of "My Sister's Keeper" came out, I watched it every single day. It was one of my favourite movies - it was like poetry. I haven't watched it in a while now, only because of how sad it is. It was also the first review I wrote on any book was when I read this the first time on Kindle. I had been looking around for the physical copy for a while, but had never found it. I never published that review and I don't think I have it anywhere, either. Which saddens me. I found it for £2 in a charity shop on the same day I found "Carrie" and was thrilled! It wasn't even a movie cover edition. It's not an amazing novel - it has way too many metaphors and all the parts that aren't from Brian, Anna, Kate or Sara are just boring, and yet it's one of my most re-read books. 

"A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawkins (unread).

Published 1987. 

I'm sure I don't need to say what this is about, but I have an interest in science and always wish to advance my brain on the subjects that I love so I can get really deep into it and work on things from there. I have read a little bit of it, and I was always more interested in biology then physics, and therefore know little about it - nontheless, I will trek through and let you know what I thought about it in the wrap up of whatever month I eventually get to it.


If you missed the other parts, it was Romance, Horror/Thriller, Historical Fiction and YA. 

Thank you SO MUCH for reading and even more so if you got through all the parts of the book haul - I'll be seein' ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment