Saturday 25 July 2015

Me and My Boyfriend's Second Anniversary! - How We Met

Quite humorous that we still haven't met yet, isn't it? 

*insert cute photo of us kissing in front of a waterfall or something here that we haven't gotten yet due to above reason*

*coughs* anyway, what would be a perfect couple thing to do for this date would be to do the girlfriend/boyfriend tag but we already did it here and here that I published late last month, so it would be pretty stupid to do an updated version this early (kinda wish I waited for July, but I completely forgot, to be honest). 

Due to him working and being in a long distance relationship (he lives in Ohio, I live in Wales), we aren't going to be doing anything for our anniversary. We might watch a movie or something, but that's about it. 

HOWEVER, I recently found an idea on YT through a pretty wacky woman who I have forgotten the name of and I don't think I'm subbed to her, where she had an anniversary journal that she shared with her husband of seventeen years. They had a photograph of them together on their wedding day on the front of the journal, and throughout it, she wrote about what she did on their anniversary along with photos and gas prices, bread prices and milk prices, which was the part that probably interested me the most. This is something I am not going to start anytime soon, we're clearly not married, but maybe if we do in the future, this is something we can do, thought you might wanna hear about the idea too! 

Back to the original point, I think it's time I shared that little story of how we met, don't you? 


Way, way back in April of 2013, I was with a boy called Dylan* who I had been with since August 17th 2012. We weren't happy together, that much was obvious. We would argue a lot, and constantly doubt each other, and would much prefer others' company to each others. It got so severe that we had a huge tiff around April 6th, and we broke up. This being my first proper boyfriend who I guess I loved, but wasn't IN love with (I realize this now), I was devastated. It took me down such a vivid and different pain then what I had ever have expected.

I went straight to my best friends at the time for comfort, and I will always hold it close to my heart how much they helped me that day. I spent the rest of April in tears, refusing to leave my bed unless for school, my grades dramatically dropping and in June, I had my exams - you'd think I would have been better by then? Well, I wasn't. I was very emotionally invested in a boy who wasn't good for me. We never even talked much on the phone, we only had two short and sweet conversations, of which I was the one doing most of the talking. Goodness knows why I was so distraught over this. But, I guess you are, when it comes to first loves.

Around the end of June, I had started to get over him and get 'out there'. I joined a dating website, one I had been using since I was fourteen (but I didn't meet Austin on there, no worries about that) but barely visited it. I was quite fond of being by myself, I found, with just my friends to talk to. I had no intentions of getting back into a relationship, but my personality hadn't done a complete turn over just because of a traumatic break-up, I was still needy of attention and that would never change. 

I went on Omegle, a lot. To be honest, I still do. It's entertainment, and you might be surprised to find out how many good people can be on there if you go on the question section instead of the one to one where you'll mostly just find people asking you for your age, gender and name, and probably where you live, too. Be warned, though, the amount of despicable people you have to get through first is like walking through the ocean with rocks taped on your every pore.  It's been a while since I went on there, I've forgotten the specifics, but you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I came across a boy. Not Austin, this was just a very wild, young boy. At this point, I was willing to talk to anyone. If you have never been lonely, then I can not describe fully how it can make you do the craziest things - but, hey, it turned out to not be so crazy after all. He gave me his Skype, so I added him. I had no intentions of ever doing much more then talking, but introduced me to an even wilder group of boys in a group chat. I eventually gained the courage to join them in a call.

Even crazier, I enjoyed it. Sometimes, I still find myself missing it. Going off the point again, aren't I? Well, anyway, Austin came along a little while later. Everyone in the call was talking about him, and how he was hard to get a hold of nowadays (whatever that meant). I was getting eager to meet him, even though at this point I only knew his Skype/Steam username and not his actual name.

Eventually, he arrived. I was mostly attracted to the voice, seeing as I couldn't see any of them. They were all very loud, we didn't get the chance to speak in anything but the text box. We found that we got along really well. And I mean really well. We were, of course, teased because of this. He then went on to message be privately, always checking if I was okay and saying good morning and making me feel welcome when the group calls were noisy and I wasn't being chatted to.

And then came the day where we got together. At this time, I was sixteen, and pretty naive of everything (still am, really). I thought the male had to ask you out, despite me being eager to do it. So...well, I told him to ask me out. I even said what he should say. When he did, I said yes (duh) and he spent a short while lying on his bed because he's an awkward soul who didn't and doesn't know how to talk to girls.

Ever since then, I have realized what actual love is and what it feels like to not feel belittled and unloved by your own partner. Sure, I may be only eighteen and he twenty-one, but it feels like I have found someone who, even if we're not together forever, will be with for a very long time at the least.

If you have gotten this far in the post, I thank you dearly, and I do hope you enjoyed it. Please tell me if there's anything in my writing you could say I need to improve, and I'll see you next time.

- Loz. 

* Names have been changed for the sake of privacy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment