Wednesday 1 July 2015

Have you heard of BookCrossing?

BookCrossing is a website I recently heard about, but apparently a lot of people know about. The other day, I went to a charity shop and found "My Sister's Keeper". Inside was a sticker. On this sticker, it had information about BookCrossing and what I can hope to expect. 

Basically, you can log in and search the code the sticker provides for you inside the book to see where the book has been. "My Sister's Keeper" was in England, but there was a few missed 'journal entries' as they're called to explain how it ended up in South Wales. 

I was having a bit of trouble with it, I would log in but it said the code didn't exist but when I was logged out, it did exist and I couldn't comment on the books new place with my username. Which was fine, I could add in a few details anyway and explained about the books' destination. Shame I plan to keep it after hunting for it for so long because I want to see where it ends up! 

Anyway, just thought I would let any readers know in case this is something you're interested in doing or looking into. 

I have a book haul and wrap up coming this week, I hope you stick around to read them (does this count as promotion...?)

- Loz.

No comments:

Post a Comment