Thursday 16 July 2015

Totally Didn't Book Tag

This book tag was created by ReadLikeWildfire on YT.

I haven't done one of these in a long while, I don't think, and I am really in the mood for writing and making a new blog post but I have nothing to write (just finished a discussion on "Carrie" though, that'll probably be published way before this has) so, hey, why not do a tag?! 

I'm pretty much never tagged to do any of these so if you're wondering why I'm not linking anyone, it's because...there isn't anyone. There's no rules for this, dude! 

(this is meant to sound like a valley girl, which I don't know if I can pull off, but we're going to try)

Let's get to these questions then, leh-go:

Totally didn't need a sequel/s.

I feel like there's so many books I could answer for this question but the one that is springing to mind the most is the Mortal Instruments series...the first three books were great. They didn't need to add to it, really, the last three books just failed in my expectations and made me think more negatively about the series as a whole. Not a fan of Cassandra's writing anyway. Too long, drags on, and Clara is fucking annoying. I don't even remember if that's her name, but she drove me up the wall, do we really need more of her? No. 

Totally didn't need to have more then one point of view.

Hmm...I honestly don't mind when in third person, but in first person, nu-uh, and I'm going to have to pick "Alligent" by Veronica Roth which is written from both Tris's perspective and Four's perspective. Uh, they were really annoying (I mean, Tris was okay but I hated chapters that included Four, no thank you). Why. Though, there's more problems with that book then just that.  

Totally didn't need to change the cover art in the middle of the series.

The Mr Mercedes series by Stephen King. I haven't read it yet, I didn't even know it was a series when I first got it but I saw it had a second book to it and it didn't match the first. It did have a vague similarity that all of King's books do to each other but the covers alone are not obvious enough to say they are even remotely connected. 

Totally didn't need to have a love triangle. 

Every book ever. 
Ever.

Totally didn't need this book to be included in the series. 

An old one, but still much loved by me, is probably "Destined" and onwards in the "Marked" series by Kristen and P.C Cast, is it? Well, it was an amazing series and the plots and twists were really great (I read it when I was fourteen, and judging by who my boyfriends were, I had a small judgement on what was great) but these books onwards fell flat for me. The curiousity of what would happen at the end of the series was not enough for me to want to continue. 

Totally didn't need a cliffhanger. 

"Hollow City" by Ransom Riggs. I'm sure we can all feel the pain of that as we read that last page and knew the next book wasn't coming out until late this year (pre-ordered for me, by my boyfriend, thank you Austin). 

Totally didn't need to have just one point of view. 

I may get a lot of people mad over this but I wished in the Harry Potter series, it wasn't just from his viewpoint. I mean, technically, it wasn't. But, for a majority, it was all centered around Harry and I can understand why that was but to see from other peoples' viewpoints would have been really cool. 

Totally didn't need to have that much hype.

Again, every book ever. But, a recently read one that sticks out in my mind is "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins. It was good, but it wasn't that good. 

Totally didn't need to have that irelevent book reference.
(For example, fans of The Hunger Games will love Divergent). 

The Percy Jackson series, as even though it's okay for a middle grade book (pretty good, actually), it's not okay to be compared to Harry Potter - they only vaguley relate. 

Totally didn't deserve any of my time. 

Hmm..."It's Kind of a Funny Story" by that dude I can't remember the name of, can't say I much care, or "Creed" by James Herbert...those two stick out quite well right now, I can't think of any others. 


Thank you for reading, I have great fun doing this, so I hope you enjoy them too. If you want to do the book tag, I'll leave the questions underneath this sentence (copy and paste, yo).  

  1.   Totally didn't need a sequel/s.
  2.  Totally didn't need to have more then one point of view.
  3.  Totally didn't need to change the cover art in the middle of the series. 
  4.  Totally didn't need to have a love triangle. 
  5.  Totally didn't need this book to be included in the series. 
  6.  Totally didn't need a cliffhanger. 
  7.  Totally didn't need to have just one point of view. 
  8.  Totally didn't need to have that much hype.
  9.  Totally didn't need to have that irelevent book reference.
  10.  Totally didn't deserve any of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment