Monday 27 July 2015

Monday Missions #8

Hey!!

So, I haven't been reading anywhere near as much as I should be since I got my new laptop, I haven't used a laptop in so long. It's just gaming, gaming, gaming lately. I mean, come on, Minecraft servers are wonderful, they should be embraced for their perfection.



Getting off the point, this week I am going to continue reading what I have been reading for the past few days. Oddly enough, very unusual for me at least, I am reading two books at once! (wow, whoa).

Book one, "The Diary of a Young Girl" by Anne Frank. We should all know what this book is about by now but if you don't, let me fill you in. Anne Frank is a beautiful, intelligent and wise young girl who lived during WW2 in Germany (I believe). As you may or may not know, this was also the period of time in which the Holocaust happened, an event which killed millions of Jews. Anne Frank was one of them. When she was thirteen, her and her family were whisked away to live in a secret annexe in her fathers' workplace (I think, I always get confused on that part) with another family, and a man named Mr Dussel. They lived there for quite some time in secrecy before she was taken away to a concentration camp. Her father, Otto Frank, was the only survivor and had saved Anne Franks' diary, the thing she held most dear to her. It had been edited frequently over the years (as the original content contained information about her sexuality, etc., which wasn't seen as okay to talk about so openly in her time period, something like that), but I am reading one of the most recent copies.

As far as the enjoyability goes, this is the second time I am reading the diary. Obviously, it's going to be slow in places and uninteresting in parts, blah blah blah, but it's a diary and was never written with the intention of it becoming a book. More to the point, it is the diary of a young girl, this is more well written then probably any other diary you would find of any other person her age. But, the fact I am reading this a second time should tell you how much I am enjoying it. She is so, so wise and smart.

Book two: "Alfie: The Doorstep Cat" by Rachel Wells. This follows a very adorable, young and cuddly cat, Alfie, who's owner had died from old age and who's roommate kitty 'sister' had died from sickness, he was left homeless. His owner's daughter said she wanted to send dear Alfie to the shelter, but he wanted to take it into his own paws and left. He had a traumatic time in the streets until he reached a road that was very much in need of an equally troubled, lovely kitty!

It's from a cats perspective, which is quite interesting, I can't remember the last time I read a book from an animals' perspective. I avoid them, as they're usually said, and this book is no different but I will save the details for when I finish it, it's either going to be a mini review or a full review, but it will be talked about, mark my words!

I doubt I'm ever going to get on to reading more books this week and, if I do, it's going to be a complete spur of the moment decision to see what book I go for. I have been eying up "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell recently, but also the forth book in the "Gone" series by Michael Grant, "Plague", we'll see what I pick!

Thank you for reading and *gasp* we have a photo, for once!
See you for my next post (don't forget to follow ;) ) bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment