Thursday 16 July 2015

Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag!

I've done so many tag posts recently, but this is probably the one that's going to be published first because, well...mid year tag. It's basically like a time limit. This is another tag created by ReadLikeWildfire. I wasn't tagged, I wasn't tagged to do any of these and I never tag anyone, I just think they're fun to do so if you want to do, why not? 

Best book you have read so far in 2015?

I can't even remember what I read in 2015, let me go check Goodreads one moment.  
Oh my goodness, I loved so many of them, this is going to be hard.
Hmm, it's probably going to be "Carrie" by Stephen King because, quite frankly, I realted a lot to Carrie in the movies but we related even more in the book, it was fast paced and enjoyable with a few slow parts but honestly it was a great book and will probably eventually be re-read. 

Best sequel you have read so far in 2015? 

This one is easy, I haven't read any series really apart from Bridget Jones and the Gone series by Michael Grant, and I have to say from the Gone series so far it's probably going to be "Hunger". It was fast paced, gruesome, action packed, wasn't slightly boring, so much conflict and insanity, it was excellent. 

New release you haven't read yet but want to?

I don't much care about new releases, I see a book and if I think it looks good and it's cheap then I buy it, and that's the extent of how I read. But, I am really looking foward to Ransom Riggs' "Libiary of Souls" coming out in September, which I believe is the finale of the trilogy. "Hollow City" left with such a cliffhanger, it was horrible, I'll be re-reading those this late August so that my memory is refreshed by the time Souls comes out. Although, I do have a new release that I'm planning to read soon, "Mind Games" by Terri Terry. It came out in March, so I guess it doesn't count as a new release anymore, does it? I don't know, I don't care, I'm interested in the book. Nobody on my GR's has read it yet, though, and I'm not sure how good or bad that sign is yet. It'll let me develop my own opinion on it though so I can't wait to read it.

Most anticipated release for the rest of the year?

Again, "Libiary of Souls" by Ramson Riggs, I'm pretty ecstatic about that. 

Biggest dissapointment? 

An awful lot of books lately have been a dissapointment, probably because of the reading slump (that I think I have reached the end of, yay). Probably a middle-grade favourite for a lot of you Americans, but we never read it here in the UK - at least not in the school I went to - but "Hatchet" by Gary Paulson, it was so boring and so slow paced and I get that in a real survival, it wouldn't all be on your toes so yeah, it was realistic in some parts - although, not really - and I want more of it explained, like how life was like when he got back home in more detail, but he never really described anything I wanted to know in the book in detail. No idea how he managed to stretch that book out into a five part series, but he did. 

Biggest surprise? 

I haven't read that many books this year yet, so I really don't have very much to go from, but it was probably "Hunger" by Michael Grant as I really didn't like the first book very much, it was okay but it wasn't my sort of thing and the only reason I wanted to continue on with the story in the first place was that I had the whole series on my bookshelves and I didn't want to give them away without at least trying them first, because if I didn't hate or dislike the first book I will usually go ahead and read the second book anyway. I thought it would be just the same as "Gone", but it wasn't, it was better. 

Favourite new author? 

Not a huge fan of romance, but probably Lucy Diamond, I just love the type of people she writes about and how...sweet and lovely it is to read one of her books, especially when going through difficulties in life or having just pushed through a particularly difficult book. I love her. Even though her writing is not perfect. I also really like Saskia Sarginson, and can't wait to buy her next new book, "Without You". 

Newest Crush?

Eh, nobody. None of them really struck me as the type of charecter I would want to know in real life. I haven't got around to reading my new Rainbow Rowell books, though, so maaaaybe one might come soon, who knows? Right now, though, none of them. 

Favourite charecter? 

Diana from the "Gone" series, Coraline from "Coraline", Carrie from "Carrie"  and Nella from "The Minaturist", I can't really pick between them. 

Book that made you cry?

Books...books don't make me cry. "Carrie" made my heart feel quite sad, and "Diary of a Young Girl" (Anne Frank) always does make my eyes water, but books don't really make me cry. I haven't cried since I read TFIOS two years ago, but that was two years ago, if I read that now, I don't even know if I would like the book enough to make me want to cry. 

Book that made you happy?

All of them did, in their own way, I can't really pick out one. "Coraline" by Neil Gailman is a book I am reading right now, so I'm just going to go with that one, the cover is gorgeous and it's such a scary, awesome story that if I ever had kids, I would love to read it to them. 

Favourite book to movie adaptation that you saw this year?

Aside from "Coraline", I'm not a big movie person, I just watch horror/thriller/suspense type of movies, or family friendly type of movies, and I never usually watch movie adaptations from books, I just read the book. 

Favourite review that you have written?

I'm not really a fan of any reviews that I have written so far, I'm still learning my style of writing and the way I want to write and what I want to write about and how I will entwine the information I want to say about the book into a well written and well structured review, so right now, I haven't written anything I can look back on and be proud of just yet. 

Favourite books you have bought this year or received? 

"My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult because I only have that on kindle but I loved the book so much that I don't understand why I never bought it in paperback, and I saw a non-movie edition for cheap in a charity shop and was amazed. I also found a first edition hardback of Harry Potter "Order of the Phoenix" and a first edition paperback of "Deathly Hallows", so now I have three first edition hardbacks and three first edition paperbacks. I'm pretty happy about that. I'm pretty glad that I finally own "Carrie", and I also found the White Rabbit Chronicle trilogy for £5 and I was thriled about that, too, but I still haven't read it. 

What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

Uh, hmm. I want to get the White Rabbit Chronicles out the way, read that book by Ransom Riggs, finally finish the "Gone" series, and that's all I really want to finish by the end of the year, anything else is just going to be freestyled, I read what I please.

Thank you very much for reading, I hope you stick around to see more, g'day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment