Thursday 30 July 2015

Comment on Quotes: Anne Frank's "The Diary of a Young Girl": Introduction.

This won't be the last time you see Anne Frank on my blog, oh no, I'm dedicating a post series to her and she's going to be featured in my second upcoming series, because she really does mean that much to me and so many, many other people.



If you don't know who she is, she was a wonderful girl born in Frankfurt, Germany, on June 12th in 1929. She lived in Amsterdam with her family during WW2. They had to run away from their home from the Nazi persecution, and went into hiding in a place Anne frequently named "The Secret Annexe". She actually planned to write a book on her time there named just that and based on her diary until the tragic events hit them. Anne wrote everything into her diary. She was found on August 4th 1944. She died with her sister, Margot, in Bergen-Belson concentration camp in Germany, sometime in March 1945, just weeks before British soldiers liberated the camp. Otto, Anne's father, found her diary was was keen to send her message on to the world. I imagine he wanted to fufill his daughters' wish, and that he achieved very well.

You can find more information on Anne Frank's life here, which is where I got the little details from to fill in the gaps ;)

Anyway, I find her such a role model and inspiration for myself and many young girls across the world that I can't just write a discussion post and be done with it. I want to dedicate quite some time with dear Anne, and this is one of the ways of doing it, also giving people who read my blog a chance to interact their thoughts on Anne Frank's quotes (the ones I pick out to feature, anyway...) and we can have a little discussion about it...maybe? Okay, yeah, I know, that one may be far fetched, but I hope you enjoy knowing a bit more about me and seeing a lot more on Anne Frank!

No comments:

Post a Comment