Friday 3 July 2015

June Monthly Book Haul: Part Four: YA

 Lately, I have been a lot less keen to read YA books and I am not sure why. It's very much "Once you have read one, you have read them all!" type situation because they're all so similar. But, these particular books either caught my eye or were just cheap or something, so I thought why not? Let me know what you thought of these if you have read them. 



"Mind Games" By Terri Terry (Unread).

 Published 2015.

I don't want to give too much away, going into books blind is the best way to do it, but this is a standalone book by the author of the "Slated" trilogy (at least, I think it was a trilogy) from the perspective of Luna who can live in real and virtual worlds at the same time, something she wants to keep a secret but one day, she is singled out for testing and can't hide it anymore. The safest thing to do would be to fail, but Luna wants something better. I can't wait to get into a standalone again, because at this point I'm sick of reading YA series - I'll let you know what I think of it, it might be read for the month of July!

"Every Second Counts" by Sophie McKenzie (Split Second #2) (Unread).

 Published 2014. 

This is obviously second in a series so I don't want to spoil anything if you do want to read the first one, but it's really a teenage crime/spy novel type of thing. Split Second was about a bomb going off in London and the two teenagers, Nat and Charlie,  want to do some digging to find out what was underneath. It's been a while since I have read the first one so if I want to read this one, I have to go back to that one and I will be writing a review on that because there is a lack of reviews for both of them. And I want to practice my writing skills so I can better! But, anyway, they were pretty decent reads although not amazing and it makes sense as to why they are not as popular as they could be.

"The 100: Homecoming" by Kass Morgan (Book #3). (Unread)

 Published 2015. 

When I bought this, I had no idea it was the third book and nor did I know it was a TV show. Something about aliens named "The 100" coming on earth and humans isolating themselves? Honestly, I don't know, all I do know is that it's science fiction and I am starting to really love science fiction. 

"Messanger of Fear" by Michael Grant (Book #1).(Unread)

Published 2014. 

As far as my understanding goes, this is about a girl who Mara who has seemingly forgotten all but her name and is put through a series' of games. The Messenger can see darkness in your heart and the damage it inflicts on the world around you. He will offer you a game if you go unpunished. Win, they can go free. Lose, and they will live out their greatest fear. It seems pretty terrifying and I can't wait to read it. Will probably wait till I am in the right frame of mind though! If I am judging Grant's ability to produce terrifying events from the Gone series alone, I should not expect this to be a light read, that's for certain. 

Other parts of the book haul:

Romance
Horror/Thriller
Historical Fiction
Other

No comments:

Post a Comment