Friday 29 May 2015

Monday Missions #3


I really need to clean up my bedsheets. 

Okay, so in my first Monday Missions, I said I was going to be reading "Gone" by Michael Grant and read it I did, so here in this mission, we are going to try and tackle the second book in the series, "Hunger" by Michael Grant. As suggested by the title, Sam is facing a new challenge on top of the already pretty large predicaments he faced in the first book where food is running scarce. The Darkness is growing, and animals as well as people are gaining powers. I am struggling to understand how an entire town manages to run out of food in just over two weeks, but it may be explained in the book. After the violence of the first book, I'm not too exited to be reading this but I will march on through in the hopes that I can finish this series at last. 

As well as starting that series, I started a new series I read a couple of books from when I was a young teenager but never picked them up again, until now. The second book of the Georgia Nicoleson series, "It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers!" By Louise Renninson, is a book I regretfully never picked up as a child and am glad I get the chance to do so now, where she continues to obsess over her large nose and her fondess for the newly found 'Sex God'. 

The next book is a well loved film of mine starring Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep, and despite not having an interest in the fashion buisness of any kind, I love the story of Andrea and how far she goes to achieve her dreams in the big, open world. "The Devil Wears Prada" by Lauren Weisberger is just one of those novels I didn't know was a novel, and I just thought it was a movie, so I am really looking foward to see how they compare to each other. Amazingly, found this in a charity store for 50p so I won't be hesitating at all to going back there. 

Lastly, but certainly not least, is a book I don't plan to complete but read alongside the books I am reading. "All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully" by Carrie Hope Fletcher is a guidebook for teenagers (and maybe even young adults) but all presented like a 
play. I have surprisingly never heard of her before Emma Blackery's review on the book in her second channel, BirdyBoots, despite Carrie being the sister of a member in my favourite childhood boyband McFly - although I doubt with all the great work she has done and is doing, she'd want to be remembered as her big brothers' sister and not for what she has actually done. I'm currently reading this book and so far, it's a wonderful read, I can't wait to get futher. 

Thank you for reading this weeks Monday Missions, I'll see you all again for next weeks' but until then, bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment