Saturday 9 May 2015

Computer building and you

Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it, and for that I apologize, I've not rightly found the energy or the motivation to make another post (even though I quite like doing it!). I have however, found the motivation shortly after I finished building my new computer, which is what this post will be about! It will be a slightly shorter post, but that's okay since I plan on soon writing another post about my future projects which will likely entail a LOT more typing, if I had to guess.

Well then, now that that's out of the way, let me tell you why and how I did all of this. As of recent, I've noticed my poor old computer was having issues with even not very graphically intensive games, and it's been killing me. I couldn't even play GTA V online on the lowest settings without it killing my frame rate, especially while driving, which is crucial, might I add. Anyways, following some crashes and some lock ups that lasted far too long for my liking, I made the decision it was finally time to put the old thing to rest.

Now, the process in building my computer was a PAIN, getting the money was easy peasy in comparison. I had ordered almost all of it right away. My issue, however was that the motherboard I got with it, HAD A BENT P I N. Just one, and it completely ruined it. So, I had to ship it back for an RMA, (which thankfully was approved, hello 185$) so I easily got a new one that works better. I put it all together after a LOT of troubles, and it's come together wonderfully, I'd have to say. I'll include some basic specs at the end of this post.

Some issues I've noticed have been quite annoying. The only remaining piece of my previous computer is a GTX 660, and that's where I believe my issues remain. My drivers have been crashing quite often. And it causes freezes and lockups. I think... the poor thing may be in for a replacement as well... Rest in Peace, GTX 660, you'll have a month of service left, I imagine, and you'll be replaced by the newer generation, but I shall keep you as a memento.

Memento Mori.

Well, I did promise I'd add some specs, so here you are!

Haswell i7-4790k
MSI-7821
8 Gigs of Sniper Ram
GTX 660
250Gb SSD
2TB HDD

Hope you guys enjoyed! If not, that's cool too, at least you read it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment