Monday 18 May 2015

May Reading Wrap Up.


Yes, the books are stacked on top of my pen shoebox and yes that is a rather lot of books behind it. 

*coughs* 

Let's continue. 

"it's not me it's you" by Mhari McFarlane. 

This book, I owe a lot to. Before it, I was in a reading slump. At school, I didn't do much at break and lunches apart from scroll on Facebook on my phone or wander around the corridors so thank you Mhari McFarlane for helping me fall in love with reading all over again. It wasn't the kind of romance comedy like Bridget Jones, which had me in fits of laughter, but it was the kind of book I smiled at and even chuckled occasionally. It was amazing to me how long Delia was in a relationship that wasn't giving her what she wanted and a job she got next to nothing from for so long and had never considered before to go for something new. Despite wanting to hit her at the end, it really was a great book (if you want to know more about it, search for my review).

"The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde. 

The prime reason as to why I started this book was because it was my A Level English Lit exam book. But, despite having revising this for such a long time, I will probably never stop loving this book. 

"Gone" by Michael Grant. 

Ehhhhhh...YA dystopian really is not my thing, especially to this level of violence and graphic scenes, but I did re-read it for a reason and despite not really wanting to, I will be starting "Hunger" on my third Monday Missions, along with two other book choices. It's not that it's a bad book, it just was not my thing 

"Over You" by Lucy Diamond. 

Predictable as hell but the writing style was heavenly. Something about the way she did it drew me in and kept me wanting more and more. Before I had even finished this book, I went out and got "sweet temptations". Her writing is just so light and beautiful, such a great follow up to such a dark book. 

"You Had Me at Hello" by Mhari McFarlane. 

I think my hopes for this book was much too high as I wasn't so much dissapointed, the book was just really dragging on and I feel like her job as a journalist was there just to add drama and put a wedge between her and other characters'. I haven't much interest in journalism, though, so my opinion may be biased. More to come on that in my review, but it wasn't a half bad book and it was certainly not a waste of money to add this to my shelf. 

"Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging" by Louise Renninson. 

I used to love this book as a kid and, recently, I acquired the rest of the series and I only had this one and the purple book before (both have been read, the rest of the series hasn't been read) so I thought I would give it a read as I'm still in the mood to read something light and casual and funny - it was just as amazing as I remember it. 

"Hatchet" - Gary Paulson. 

Secret - I haven't read this book yet, I just hope that by the time May ends, that will change. Shameless promotion, check out my Goodreads (link in the tabs) if you want to know if that goal has been achieved ;) 

"All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully" by Carrie Hope Fletcher. 

This book is not written like a book, more like a guidebook, so I have been reading this alongside the books I am already reading and I already can't wait to talk about it in a review/discussion (it's not the kind of book you can spoil, but I won't go into much detail). That is why it's also included in my monday missions, this book is just a book I am reading alongside the one's I plan to read next week. 

Thank you so much for reading, I'll see you all on Monday, toodle pip! 


No comments:

Post a Comment