Friday 1 May 2015

2015 Reading Challenge!

If you are an active user on Goodreads, you probably take part in or know about the yearly reading challenges you can set yourself. 2013 was to read fifteen books, 2014 was twenty five (which I ending up going over, v.g) so I decided to really push the limits this time and try to read fifty books. Well...it's the 1st May as I write this, so by halfway through the year (End of June, I believe), I should have reached half of my goal, twenty-five. How much have I got to, you may ask? Seven. I've almost finished the book I am on - "It's not me, it's you" by Mhairi McFarlane - so that would make it eight, therefore I am going to need to read about seventeen books by the end of June in two months time. 

Now, my typical reading speed really does depend on the size of the book so let's just say a typical 500 page novel will take me three days, so that's two books per week - I'm going to round it and say there's an average of four weeks per month, so if I really pushed myself I could finish eight books a month and therefore sixteen by the end of the two months - and that's if I really try hard. I'm probably going to end up reading a few more books made for kids/teenagers just to sneakily boost my numbers and be somewhat proud come December, and this time I will try not to get too ahead of myself and set a reasonable and achievable goal - taking in the fact that if I don't want to go to a library for books, I cannot afford to buy them. Which I really didn't take into account four months ago.

Anyway, the point of this ramble-y post being? I want to set myself some upcoming book reading goals (about one goal per week/month, depending on the type of challenge it is) so I get through my TBR books in my bedroom and read a lot more actively. I already have a few small ideas and I haven't even looked for any yet - October is obviously going to be the book of the horror/thriller genre, so I am going to save all my Stephen King books and any books I want to re-read for that month. I'm only going to pick about five books out for that month and I will try to get through them all. I also want to do a Harry Potter read-a-thon, because well I've already read them before so it's pretty boring not being able to write a review or anything on here for quite some time (as it is seven books).

Also, I made this blog to be a book blog and it's swerved more to beauty related topics and random tags then books recently. I really like those kinds of posts so I will still be doing them, but this is the sort of thing I want to do more. 

Thank you for reading this very long post, and I will see you soon!
What's your reading challenge of the year, and how many books can you handle?



No comments:

Post a Comment