Tuesday 26 May 2015

May 2015 Book Haul: Part Three.


Not to worry, there is only one more after this and then no more haul posts! Although I am kinda enjoying this...

Anyway! 

"Mr Mercedes" by Stephen King. 
'Who is going to be the fish in this relationship and who is going to be the fishermen?'
BILL HODGES retired cop, tormented by 'the Mercedes massacre', a case he never solved. 
BRADY HARTSFEILD perpetrator of that notorious crime, and preparing to kill again.
Now each is closing in on the other in a mega-stakes race agaisnt time. 

I wanted to buy this anyway because I have a small collection of Stephen King books and, although I am sensitive to violence and King is the wrong person to read, I do plan on getting round to them eventually. I saw it on sale in my local supermarket and couldn't pass it up (even though I found it cheaper somewhere else so that was a bummer, but I got paid today...I'll try to be resistant, but they have great deals over there!). 

"Hatchet" by Gary Paulson (this weeks Monday Missions) 
Thirteen-year-old Brian Robeson is on his way to visit his father when the single-engine plane in which he is flying crashes. Suddenly, Brian finds himself alone in the Canadian wilderness with nothing but a tattered windbreaker and the hatchet his mother gave him as a present - and the dreadful secret that has been tearing him apart since his parents' divorce. But now Brian has no time for anger, self pity or despair -it will take all his know how and determination, and more courage then he knew he possessed to survive. 

This one was actually bought for me by Austin (thank you, dear) so I don't feel as guilty about buying it, and again it was mentioned in my Monday Missions in more detail but I basically wanted to read it after a series based from it and am very exited to finally get round to reading it later on in the week. 

"Alice in Zombieland" by Gena Showalter. 
I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently. 
I'd tell my sister no. 
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad. 
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words. 
Or, barring all that, i'd hug my sister, my mum and dad one last time. 
I'd tell them I love them...
One last time.

When I get around to reading it, I'll tell you more information on the others so if you don't mind I won't right now as I don't want any spoilers for the first book. I'm not a huge fan of YA dystopian, but I am of Alice in Wonderland so (even though I have been told they have little relation, despite the title) I really wanted to read it and was ecstatic when I saw it on sale for the whole series. I have a feeling this book is over hyped so I won't go in with too many hopes, especially seeing as it's zombies and in my opinion, zombies are much better done on screen then in books. 

(part four up shortly) 

No comments:

Post a Comment