Monday 25 May 2015

May 2015 Book Haul: Part Two.


Welcome back and thank you for continuing to read this rather lengthly book haul! My first monthly book haul ever, not even just on this blog, I add! I won't keep rambling, I have a lot to get through so let's Glen GoGo: 

"Over you" by Lucy Diamond (review in progress). 
Ever wondered how your friends see you now...? 
Josie, Nell and Lisa go back a long way - they were flatmates, soulmates and best mates back in their twenties when life was long party. 
Five years later things are different. Josie is married with kids, in deepest surburbia, free-spirited Nell has travelled the world, and Lisa is on the path to career glory (and the salary Premiership). A reunion weekend in London seems a great idea to Josie...until she discovers something which threatens to blow her happy marriage apart. 

Again, I don't want to give too much away but it was such a lovely, laidback and well written book that before I had even finished it, I went out and picked up another book by Lucy Diamond: 

"Sweet Temptation" by Lucy Diamond. 
Maddie's getting it from all sides. 
Her bitchy boss at the radio station humiliates her live on air, her glamour-puss mum keeps dropping hints that she should lose weight (like signing her up for the gym) and her kids are embarrassed to be seen with her after the disastrous mums' race at their sports day. Something's got to change...
Maddie reluctantly joins the local weight-watching group where she finds two unlikely allies:
Jess, who is desperete to fit into a size ten wedding dress for her Big Day, and Lauren, who despite running a dating agency, has signed off romance for ever. Or so she thinks...
As they all count their calories, new friendships develop, and secrets are shared - but can they resist temptation? 

This usually wouldn't be my thing and if it wasn't written by Lucy Diamond, I wouldn't have picked it up as I believe being healthy is more important then your weight, and you are beautiful no matter what size you are anyway. Usually, in dieting, people are a lot more concerned over how much weight they are losing rather then what's going inside their body which I believe is the wrong way to do it, and you may know already but I have no intrest in having my own family ever in my life, but in the last book I read from her, Nell was a person who didn't want a family either so it wasn't always "women want kids!!!" In her book. I'm still pretty exited to read this. 

"You Had Me At Hello" by Mhari McFarlane. 
Rachel and Ben. Ben and Rachel. 
It was them agaisnt the world. Until it all fell apart. 
It's been a decade since they last spoke, but when Rachel bumps into Ben one rainy day, the years melt away. 
They'd been partners in crime and the best of friends. But it's clear that life has moved on. Ben is married. Rachel is not. 
Yet in that split second, Rachel feels the old friendship return. And along with it, the broken heart she's never been able to mend. 

I briefly talked about this in my second Monday Missions, but I felt like I really wanted to read it after the first book I had read from her, "it's not me it's you", even though this one is actually her first book just because I thought they were interesting and entertaining, although not the most amazing. I believe I wrote a full review on that if you want to know more on the previous book I have read from her. 

Thank you for reading, part three will be up shortly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment