Tuesday 3 May 2016

The Ruler of Books Tag!

Finally, a book tag I'm doing that is actually even in the same year as it was created (and it was created by Ariel Bissett).

If you were the Ruler of Books…

1) What book would you make everyone read?

I recently read "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini - and although mine, like April's, response to this question would vary month to month if I was to answer this question today (which I am...obviously), this would be my answer. I think it would make every racist little shit change their mind about accepting refugees into your country, the opinion on Afghanistan and Muslims in general and also shares an awful lot of wisdom about undying loyalty and friendship (and how being a coward is a real shitty character trait). 

2) What would you abolish in book construction?

I completely understand the point in them, I understand that they'd help highten book sales somewhat and I like how it encourages people to read the book just because the cover is one of their favourite movies (or just a movie they really liked) - and that's the movie covers, or the stickers you can't remove that say "Now a major motion picture", I'm not a person (I consider, anyway) who's particularly vain about their books - I break the spine, I fold the pages, but something about these just bother me immensely. In the same way people on covers bothers me, I suppose. 

3) What author would you commission to write you any book?

J.K.Rowing - I want her to write me a beautiful little story about a group of witches who are all female in a male-dominated, modern world but not in an alternative universe like the Harry Potter world was - hiding among society, a lot like AHS: Coven but without the horror aspect. I think it would be wonderful. 

4) What book would you demote to the library basement to make room for new books?

"It's Kind of a Funny Story" by Ned sofwggvarsh. I don't like the sexism. I didn't like the satire. I though the plot was boring. I know it kind of...sucks to say this about someone who killed themselves, and I'm really sorry (and maybe that's why all the people who didn't like this book are hiding) but if you want this book, you'll have to really want it to get it because no. Just no. 

5.  What cover artist would you commission to make a mural?

JIMKAYJIMKAYJIMKAY. 

6.  What characters face would you put on a coin?

I love so many characters but maybe Luna from the first three "Gone" books by Michael Grant, I adore her for being a badass and knowing her own worth. She wasn't a memorable character to a lot of people, but she's the one who I think of first. 

7.  What book would you award the “Ruler of Books” 2016 Prize to?

I can't really say Kite Runner again, and I don't think I've read any books this year that were published this year (I tend to read used books from charity shops).  Probably Spiderwick - or The Long Earth. I don't knooooow. 


Thank you for reading! if you want to do this book tag, I'll have the clean copy underneath this sentence so you can have a try :)

If you were the Ruler of Books…
1/ What book would you make everyone read?
2/ What would you abolish in book construction?
3/ What author would you commission to write you any book?
4/ What book would you demote to the library basement to make room for new books?
5/ What cover artist would you commission to make a mural?
6/ What characters face would you put on a coin?
7/ What book would you award the “Ruler of Books” 2016 Pr
ize to?

No comments:

Post a Comment