Saturday 14 May 2016

My First Graze Box!

My aunt is a great lover of Graze boxes, a UK subscription box that sends healthy alternative snacks of your choice to your doorstep as regularly as you want. I sound like a commercial, but I just love what they stand for and how they create biodegradable and recyclable (and beautiful!) packaging, and surprisingly tasty snacks. 

The type of box I got was a variety box for free, because I had a voucher code delivered to me with my National Geographic monthly subscription (an 18th birthday gift from my other aunt that she hasn't cancelled yet, so thank you!). The other types of boxes I believe you can get are dip and dippers boxes, bakery boxes, jerky boxes, chocolate boxes, flapjack boxes, light box (all under 150 calories), protein boxes, sugar count boxes, pure boxes (heavily nutritional), savoury boxes, sustain boxes (snacks that give you sustainable energy), aromatic broth boxes, and popcorn boxes. You can also get special edition boxes - protein top-up boxes and tea boxes (!!!!!!!!). 

I swear I'm not sponsored (I wish!)


(cute!)


I just really love the packing so I quickly want to share it before I go into what I think about the snacks. I think it's really cute and I have no idea what to use this box for in the future, but I can't bare to throw it away!



I love to see that, inside, the lovely packaging continues. It gave me two £5 vouchers for Graze for friends (lets be real though, what bookworm teenager has that many friends!). It also contains a Welcome to Graze type of booklet, and an information sheet on what each snack contains. Which is really handy, I wasn't expecting it, I thought I would have to Google that. 


So the snacks I received was Jam Doughnut, Louisiana Wild Rice and Beans, Apple and Cinnamon Flapjack and Peanut Butter Pretzels. 

Jam Doughnut. 

This contains raspberry fruit strings, raspberry infused cranberries, almond slivers and vanilla sponge drops. Suitable for vegetarians. Not suitable for vegans - contains egg and milk. 

This was completely different to what I expected. I knew I wouldn't like the almond, and that I didn't. However, raspberries are one of my favourite fruits (berries in general, really!) and they didn't disappoint. So much flavour! It was just a burst of beautiful, juicy goodness and I wish I could just go to the supermarket and buy whole bags of it. It tasted like candy, almost, but healthy. The sponge drops I was hesitant about because I really can't say I'm a fan of vanilla. The smell in a candle is nice an' all but any other involvement of vanilla, not fond about. These were really crunchy and flavoursome, though, and I was surprised to find how much I liked them.


Wild Rice and Beans. 

Contains wild rice sticks and chilli broad beans - suitable for vegetarians and vegans. 

I admit I was hesitant about trying these. I'm not a huge fan of beans, or chilli, but I am a pretty big fan of wild rice. This was the first snack I tried and I was surprised to find out they were crunchy, and they complimented each other beautifully. I'm not a fan of spicy food, but these weren't really spicy - they just had a little bit of a kick, and the wild rice sticks helped mellow it out and add a bit of a herby flavour to it. This might be disappointing to spice lovers, though. I really want to try this again!


Apple and Cinnamon Flapjacks. 

Apple and Cinnamon Flapjacks - suitable for vegetarians. Not suitable for vegans - contains honey and margarine. 


I didn't like these very much. I knew that I wouldn't, because I don't like cinnamon. I've never really liked cinnamon. It tastes a lot like apple pie and what Christmas smells like. If you like that kind of thing, I would recommend them because I believe they sell singles of these around and about if you go looking for them. I'm just not very interested in these at all and ate one bite, then gave the rest to my friends (who very much enjoy cinnamon!).  


Peanut Butter Pretzels. 

Contains 100% peanut butter and lightly salted pretzel sticks - suitable for vegetarians and vegans. 

Again, I knew I wouldn't like it because I don't like peanut butter. I threw it away because nobody else in my household likes peanut butter, either, but I do have this to say about it - it would taste amazing if peanut butter is your thing. It was a rough textured blend, and tasted like peanuts instead of the creamy and icky peanut butter taste. It wasn't bad at all, and I did really enjoy the pretzels (just with my own dip) but I just...really don't like peanuts.

I hope you enjoyed this. Because each snack would be about £1 (this box would be £3.99 if I paid for it) I think it's a little too expensive for my budget right now, but maybe sometime in the future when I have a job or something because it certainly was a pretty good subscription box. What do you think about Graze or any of the snacks that I have mentioned? 

No comments:

Post a Comment