Friday 1 January 2016

A Picture Everyday for 2016! (and some recap/resolutions).

Hey guys! Long time, no see! Well, today I am planning to take some pictures for my "What I Got for Christmas 2015" post and hopefully I will be able to get that written and posted for tomorrow afternoon, so I have very slowly but surely been getting back into the blogging spirit! Also, next weekend I am planning on going for a bit of shopping for college supplies, clothes, make-up, fun toys, I don't really know but you will see a post on that of what I came back with. Again, hopefully, I am starting college again on January and my life has been a bit wobbly on the emotional side so doing some tasks like this have really been on the bottom of my list but I need to learn that while I'm being an emotional mess my life won't wait up and I just need to get on in there. For this and many other reasons, I know 2016 is going to have many ups and downs but it mostly have downs. It's going to be a very difficult year for me, but if I succeed, a very important one too. 

If you would like to see my 2016 journey (and quite frankly, I need the encouragement), I made a blot for posting everyday in 2016 a picture. It won't be as long as my first post was, on the hard days it might just be a non-creative picture followed by a short amount of text explaining how I feel or maybe just some depressing quote out of a book but I am going to try my hardest to post everyday so that when 2017 comes around (eek!), I have something to recap on. You can find that post and more explanation about it here.

So, recap. 

Well, I finished my last year at school and joined Animal Care at community college. I met some great people and actually made friends with them. I visited my family a whole lot this year, which I'm obviously very happy about. I didn't read as much as I wanted to, my reading goal was never finished and is way below the belt. But I have got into more things, I'm finding myself more, I matured a lot (but not enough, I have had a few downfalls and dips). All in all, I never really did anything this year that was memorable or worth documenting at all. Just like everyone else, I want this year to be different but I know that this enthusiastic spirit won't last and my motivation to keep going will probably start to fade in just a couple of weeks. I need to keep creating things to look forward to (without wasting money!) and I should be okay.

Resolutions!

I don't usually create resolutions because I always fail them, but these are the things that I want to happen and will make an actual effort (a documented effort either on here on the blog I previously mentioned!) to achieve them and I will try my best not to quit or half-ass them. I want to be proud of myself, for once. And live a life worth living.

1. Lose weight.

A common one for many but I have been suffering with my weight since I was little. I used to be underweight in my kid years, due to an illness, and then when I could eat again I just gained the pounds like crazy. I was dealing with mental illness, a divorced family, moving to a different country and being bullied and the diagnosis of autism and it spiralled into an unhealthy eating habit I don't feel like I have control of. I'm 200 pounds and only 19 years of age, at a height of five foot seven. It's really bad, and I don't feel confident in my skin. At the very least, I want to make healthy changes to my diet to have a noticeable improvement come December.

2. Let out my creative side.

I have a craft box, I enjoy doing crafts and arts, but because I'm not good at it, I stopped, despite the fact that I really enjoy it. I don't like how society/media tell us that we have to stop doing something if we're not good at it and I don't like that so much. I want to pain and write and build and well, create. It's just fun and I don't want to have to not do it. 

3. Learn to play at least one song on my keyboard. 

I got the keyboard as a present from my mother months ago and I don't even know the keys! I've never even tried to learn the music sheets. That's certainly an aim. I'm not really sure how I'm going to go about it, I'm probably going to play a little bit everyday or study on it for maybe half an hour per day, and dedicate some time to crafts or gaming or doing coursework for college.

4. Improve myself.

I need to mature, become more independent/intelligent, learn how to handle situations I am thrown into better and become a less shitty person. I need to learn to take the right way into things and not the easy way. Among many flaws and faults in my person, I'm sure. I just want to be at least a little bit improved come December.

5. To learn to love myself, to conquer my demons and fears and to to let myself enjoy life.

Thank you ever so much for reading and I'll see you whenever my next post will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment