Tuesday 14 April 2015

Awesome People #1 - Stacy Hinojosa!


Stacy Hinojosa is not a woman I have actually met, but I thought I would include her in my awesome people series anyway. Stacy is a gaming YouTuber - most popular for The Cube, Dogcraft and the work she has done with Joey - known as StacyPlays, StacyVlogs or @StacySays. 

The reason why she's awesome? Firstly, she's unique. She calls us "Potato Flakes" because of where she used to live in Idaho, the factory that made her favorite chocolate milk uses potato flakes to thicken the mixture. In her Cube series, she let the viewers have a say in some of the things that she did, and in Dogcraft she shows viewers the fanart people have drawn for her, and names dogs after people who she has taken a particular shine to. My favourite thing about her is her excitement and how much work she puts into every video she uploads.

We're also very similar! We both love dogs, books, chocolate milk, animals in general, Minecraft, we both screw up a lot despite our good intentions, we're also both a little bit chubby! Similar things have also happened in both out lives and even though I'm eighteen and she's thirty-three, she's the YouTuber who I feel the most "connection" with. 

I was in England at the same time she was and I never got the chance to meet her, which I'm a little sad about but hey social anxiety would have never let me meet her anyway! 

I uploaded this photo: 



And she favourited and replied to me!!!!: 



So, I guess that was second best. She also has two very adorable dogs, Page and Molly! Watching her videos have actually helped my anxiety and depression, she just gives me a sense of comfort and happiness and never really talks about anything that makes me feel worse (that topic is for an autism talk post...), so for that, I thank her for all the work she puts into uploading twice a day almost everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment