Tuesday 2 February 2016

Bookish Pet Peeves! Part Three

 (This was written literally months ago but I don't want to waste a blog post. I would certainly be a lot less angry now but I hope you enjoy it anyway. Apart from visual editing, I haven't changed anything at all, this is just a saved draft)

If you haven't read the first two, here is part one and here is part two. 

(Also filled with intense rage and sarcasm, sorry...not sorry, though).

Number Twenty-Four.

When is isn't on the spine, the inside of the cover or on the back of the book what number that book is in a series, do you authors really expect us just to know?! Really? It's so annoying (hi, Game of Thrones. Jerk).

Number Twenty-Five.

Everything is a trilogy. 
Everything is a series. 
Are people no longer capable of writing standalones? 

Number Twenty-Six. 

Where graphic violence is a-okay but swearing?! No. Oh, no. No.

Number Twenty-Seven.

When bookstores have the rest of the series but not the first one.
That's...that's pretty useless to me.

Number Twenty-Eight. 

Does anyone know how to comfortably hold a hardback? 

Number Twenty-Nine.

When it's been so long, a recreation of the Big Bang happened in the universe last night, but the movie tie-in edition of the book is still on the shelf.  

Number Thirty (wow I'm a complainer). 

When people judge others for what they read, or that whole "These are the cool books that everyone are reading!" and you're considered weird or an advanced reader or something for reading books nobody else seems to be reading - like, no, the reading community should not resemble high school. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sick of hearing about Sarah. J. Mass.


Number Thirty - One.

When I'm reading, shut up.
Unless someone has died or it involves food, I don't care.





No comments:

Post a Comment