Monday 18 May 2015

Monday Missions #1

I believe this is a tag video created by someone who I will mention in another post when I find out who it is, but I will basically be telling you what I managed to accomplish the previous week, and what I will be reading this week. Because this is my first week, this is just going to be a what I am reading this week post (and I am still going to be doing a May 2015 wrap up). 

                      

We can start with the book I am reading right now, "Gone" by Michael Grant which is a re-read so I can finish the rest of the series that I had bought a while ago. It's basically where this myterious force suddenly eliminates every adult in the area, leaving only kids under fifteen to fend for themselves in a supernatural forcefeild where everyone is seemingly growing a supernatural power. 

I'm going to be doing this a little bit differently from the orignal way and give myself two more choices for the rest of the week. I am not a fast paced reader so I am probably not going to get to them both, but it'll help my indescive self. 

The two options I have chosen are both romance/romance comedies (a usual none favourite of mine, but have had a craving since reading Bridget Jones' Diary to read romance comedies), one is from the author of a book I have recently reviewed, but this one is called "You Had Me At Hello" by Mhairi McFarlane. The second option is called "Over You" by Lucy Diamond, or Sue Mongredien as she is known by in the chirldren's books she writes. 

                       

I believe "Over You" is a book about friendship and also about a seemingly happy marriage with kids falls apart as she falls for someone new, which to me is interesting because I have only ever seen people fall in love rather then fall apart with someone and falling in love with someone else, I can't wait to get around to reading that (even though I have expressed numerous times how I myself do not want kids at all and am not too fond of the idea of marriage). 

"You Had Me At Hello" is about a woman who meets up with her long lost boyfriend again and he's doing well, he married and she's still single and it follows the friendship they manage to create with each other, which I like but am a bit on the edge about as I prefer stories with morals where you don't need to be in a relationship or have lots of money to be sucessful and happy. 

i hope you enjoyed this weeks Monday Missions and I'll see you next week! 
     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment