Wednesday 3 August 2016

Movie Review | 2016 | Captain America: Civil War | Spoiler-Free


 
 
For those of you who didn't previously know, I have another blog called Reel Talk (clever name, I know) where I very, very occasionally posted a 'review' of some random movie I decided to watch on Netflix. I now have Amazon Prime, so I have more options to choose from, which is exciting but anyway getting off the track. I decided to just post them on this blog, because this blog clearly has no organisation whatsoever and it's a pretty good representation of my life and isn't that what blogging is all about, yeah? I'd just rather have everything in one place then keep switching between blogs and I never stay fluid on the other blogs (that suggests I do here but ha, no).
 
 
Year: 2016
Rating: PG-13
Directors: Anthony and Joe Russo
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
 
 

Starring:

 
Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye
Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
Robert Downey. Jr as Tony Stark/Ironman
Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon
Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa/Black Panther
Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
Don Cheadle as James Rhodes/War Machine
Paul Bettany as Vision
 
 
My memory is awful, so I can't remember the first two movies very well at all. Which is fine, I really love Captain America movies so I have zero problems in rewatching them at some point. Just to clear that up.
 
Okay, the first half of this movie was kind of dull. There was a lot of bickering between the members of the group, of course, but the real action and comedy and good stuff took place in the second half of the movie. Also, Spider-Man! *coughs* the action scenes were so well choreographed. It was pretty swell to see a different side to Ironman then the one we usually see, although this Tony Stark/Ironman also did appear in Iron Man 3 where he was an anxious mess for at least the start of the film. It was more human, and a lot less snarky - although I do love that about him, I'm not going to lie.
 
Captain America also showed a lot of his emotional side in this movie, that I am a fan of, but to me he always came across as an emotional person anyway. Although, he threw his human decency out the window, so good job, Cap'n. Good job.


This movie was just chaotic and dramatic in all the good ways. It was utter mayhem and very entertaining, especially throughout the second half for me. The same can't be said for this review, I'm very out of practise as I haven't even written in my journals properly for a while. At least not frequently, so I apologize, I'm getting the hang of it.
 
But I think I found a lot of it dull was because it was obviously very political heavy. This focused on the division of the Avengers team, due to a change in their government status. Don't let that put you off, though, as it was a fantastic addition to the Captain America movies. Possibly the best trilogy since my favourite till the day I die, the Spider-Man trilogy featuring Toby McGuire.
 
Anyway, I'm going to leave you with this messy review here and see you next time. I don't blame you if you don't come back, ha! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment