Sunday 13 September 2015

Personal Life || The Day Before My New Chapter!

Oh yes, guys, oh yes. Tomorrow is what I consider to be a "big day" for me. I'm going to be joining community college. I don't like to say that, "joining", because other then an email of confirmation that we had to call to receive I am just really worried at this point that I'm going to turn up at 8:30am tomorrow morning like "Where do I go? Who are my teachers? Should I go to reception?" and then they'll say something along the lines of "Sorry but you're not in our records, you're in our reservation list for Level 2..."...I realize none of this is making sense without context, so let's start from there.

So, early last year (I want to say...December? Maybe November?), my careers adviser showed up during my free-time asking me what I would like to do when I left school and I said "Oh, I'd like to do Animal Care at college", the college about a mile and a half away from me and she was like "Oh, sure, let me just call them up and see what we can do and I'll get back to you". I'm not sure how long has passed, but I know it was a few months away at this point from leaving school and I had yet to hear back from her about the signing up. I took it in my own hands because someone...I don't know who, but someone came up to me and said "Have you heard back from her or do you have to do it online?" and I didn't even think about that. Of course, as soon as I got onto a laptop, I signed up for Animal Care. 

I received a call pretty quick afterwards asking about an interview, so I forwarded the number to my mum (if you haven't guessed at this point, I have social anxiety) who called them a few times and eventually an interview had been set up. Originally, we were going to go for Level 2 Animal Care which had no available spaces so I would be in the reservation list in case anyone dropped out or whatever (which never happened, as an FYI). Then they said there was still available spaces for Level 1 and it would be best if I joined that one instead, and it was unclear to me what was happening because they were talking amongst themselves and then afterwards one of the ladies who was there said "Yes, you're definitely in" which I'm still not taking to heart incase there was a lack of communication or something and I haven't actually been accepted.

A few weeks (maybe?) later, I got nervous because I hadn't heard a single thing from them since and I got my mother to call the college and they said "Oh, we had you on the reservation for Level 2" (which I think is weird because I don't think I even applied for Level 2, so maybe the forms got in wrong or something) but then she said something like how their files were mixed up and sent me a confirmation on how I had been accepted into Level 1. 

That's basically (believe it or not) the short version as to why I am so nervous about tomorrow mostly and I'll let you know how it goes. I still don't know what to wear or anything, I am so nervous. I'm going to fold up tomorrow's clothes, get my bag ready, have a nice bath so I smell great and try not to dwell too much. The walk is a mile and a half there, I have half an hour of time to think about everything. During my high school years, which I will talk about in more detail for a later post, I've always had a strong support system from the autism centre but now it's like I've lost my footing in the dark and if I fall, I can't be sure there's someone there to help me stay upright, this whole situation is putting me on edge.

Anyway, thank you for reading, I'm sorry I'm not spending much time on blogging or photos or anything like that, I will try harder I promise, just...my whole summer as been leading up to this, tomorrow is the day. THE. DAY.

*sighs* goodness.
See you tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment